Opposite gender shopping

Any one out there EVER gone shopping with their significant other only to discover that they wanted to try on clothing of another gender??? How do you handle that?

My husbabd abd I are going shopping - only for me to discover that he wants to shop in the ladies dept and try on the clothing there...I don't think they will allow him in the ladies fitting room.

• Author

He dresses at home. I have only discovered this side of him in the past year.

What a world, what a world!

HokeyReligions

I don't know what to say. Has he said why? Would he leave the house wearing women's clothes? Is he joking? Is he talking undergarments or outerwear?

I can't say that I can relate a specific experience, but not too long ago (within the last year I think) my washing machine was on the fritz and my husband ran out of clean underwear. He needed to go out before I could get to the washateria so I told him to put on a pair of mine. Just plain cotton panties, and I've worn his before when I didn't have any clean---no big deal.

He blushed and said emphatically NO! I thought it was funny that he wouldn't want to wear women's underwear and I teased him about it and I realized that this was apparently something 'big' to him. He finally told me the real reason he didn't want to even try on a pair of my panties is that he was afraid he would like it! That really REALLY botherd him. I let it drop and we havn't talked about it since. Now that you bring up your husband's desire to wear women's clothes I'm thinking of my husband again. I know for certain that my husband is not a homosexual. He's not really a homophobe either, but now I wonder about this fear, or desire......

I have only seen characters on TV who live perfectly normal, middle-of-the road heterosexual lives and yet dress in women's clothes (The Golden Girls and Drew Carey come to mind), but I don't know anything about 'real life' situations.

How do you feel about it?