Why is my ex a jerk?

nightmareangel

So I stopped talking to my ex for about 2 months,(we tried to be civil after the break up but that didn't work) and all of a sudden he texts me and says that he is seeing one of my supposed "friends". But i also know he was trying to hit on my other friends before dating this one. Then tells me that he wanted to tell me before i heard it from anyone else. I didn't know what to say to him, so i didn't reply.

I don't get why he had to be the one to tell me. Why should it matter if i hear it from another friend of mine? And why hit on or try to date my friends?

King_Crimson

I don't know, maybe he just doesn't want it to hurt you so he thought he would be upfront about it?

I think it shows maturity and honesty, in my opinion.... but there really isn't any context here...

• Like 1

It MAY only be a perceived slight against you. You know him better than any, but just from what you've written, it sounds as if he was trying to do the right thing. Instead of having you hear it through the grapevine and being shocked/hurt/angry, he told you upfront. You're a little hypersensitive because of the break up (as is perfectly normal). Unless there's more to it, of course.

• Author
nightmareangel

But honestly I would have rather heard it from someone else. Since we still have some mutual friends and i'm still pretty close with his mom and sister, i'd rather hear it from them. He's done stuff like this before to try to hurt me. Trying to get my best friend of like 20 yrs to sleep with him, flirting with other of my ex coworkers. I knew he was talking to a lot of women at one point but out of the blue he just wants to date her.