How can I eliminate the feelings of inadequacy

Hi all, I'm feeling pretty down about some things. Another weekend has come and gone where I go home alone. :( Being a virgin at my age isn't really something I wish on anyone. I feel like I missed out and continue to miss out. I tell myself that it doesn't matter but even when I say that, I can't help but feel as if I went wrong somewhere, like something wrong happened. Maybe it's me, maybe I can't meet the right girls, maybe I just don't have "it".

I have come to the conclusion that I'll be alone for a very, very long time. At this current rate, I'm willing to believe that I'll never have sex or even a relationship as long as I live. I can't even envision myself in either scenario where a girl is so attracted to me that she wants to do that. When everyone around me is in a relationship of their choosing, I just have realized that I am all alone when it comes to this.

In order to live with myself, I need to fight these feelings of inadequacy I get from being passed over by girls. Can anyone help me with this or anyone who has been down this road help me with this?

todreaminblue

There is one thing i do when i feel inadequate, one is i reflect on what i am feeling and why.....and then i act......i try to do something i enjoy...to me this is helping others......if i can help someone else feel good.....my inadequacies don't seem so important any more......i realise no one is perfect least of all me.....and i move on........

i was very inadequate yesterday....had to give a lesson and i had had a really confusing and upsetting week..i was scattered and unable to focus.tryign to fidn answers to issues i have was all i could think about.

i kept telling myself i will be ok.....god will help me through........so i stood up on the stand....and nothing came out, i tried to speak, my throat closed up and all that came out was tears........the women there were so supportive.....i felt like a real idiot...retarded.......but i am still here......and i went out that night and found something amazing to hopefully be a part of.....a soup kitchen that feeds the homeless under a bridge.....

now god didnt help me speak or deal with my indaequacies for me....but god did give me the desire not to dwell, pick myself up and get out again no matter how awkward and insecure i feel, there's always another day, gods plan all along could have been to get me to go to somewhere and not dwell on my failure so i could learn about an inspiring organisation that captured my heart...and it did....mysterious ways are not known for a reason.....

thats what i want to say to you ...by pointing out my breakdown in public.......theres always a chance to do something , to act, to change, to grow.....to learn.......rejection and humiliation can make you act...you can choose what that action is...you can dwell in unknown seas and sink your ship...or you can repair the sail and sail away somewhere graceful...beautiful....peaceful.......and maybe have a little fun in the process.....

you are only inadequate if you choose to do.....nothing.......you remain exactly where you are.........you dont have to live there you know........i wish you love and inspiration....have faith......in YOU...for you are specially and wonderfully made by pure love and chosen to succeed....good luck....deb

• Author
Why don't you just hit up the bar/club scene alone? I used to do that all the time.

I'm not really that comfortable with that.