Love to Dating Ratio - how often do you fall in love?

Some of the discussions here make me wonder how much unsuccessful dating goes on, or how much people date with no intention of a LTR, on the average.

How many people have you dated more than once or twice [something you would consider a relationship], and how many times have you fallen in love?

Define love however you want. If you thought you were in love, that's good enough.

I seem to be landing around 10:3

Interesting question. I would say that I have only truly ever been in love twice. I felt like I was, or believed I was, more than twice. But after having experienced it this last time with my most recent ex, I know that the feelings I have for him blow everything else out of the water.

So......10-20:2.

• Like 1

How many people have you dated more than once or twice [something you would consider a relationship], and how many times have you fallen in love?

Probably about 2:1 which is quite high. I think I don't start relationships if I don't see the potential for love.

• Like 3

Well, I've been in a bunch of "relationships" but only truly in love once. And I plan on staying with that person for a very long time.

• Like 1
amaysngrace

I've been in love three times and and still love two of them and the other one ODed :(

I dated around 25 guys so I guess it's 8:1

• Like 3
  • Author
Mr RoberZ... do you really want me to answer this? :o:confused:

Absolutely! :laugh: I am still trying to determine your sap factor. As you know, mine is sky high. :lmao:

But it's up to you to define "relationship". You said that you very much had fwb types of clients, so maybe you would include those, but I assume that you probably wouldn't include women who were strictly business, even if regulars.

• Like 1
Absolutely! :laugh: I am still trying to determine your sap factor. As you know, mine is sky high. :lmao:

But it's up to you to define "relationship". You said that you very much had fwb types of clients, so maybe you would include those, but I assume that you probably wouldn't include women who were strictly business, even if regulars.

Since I have only been in love 2 times .... 35-40 :1? :o

• Like 2
Nikki Sahagin

Ive been in three relationships and been in love twice.

Both times it was love and lust at first sight.

I dont date or do anything like that...

I just live life and see who i meet.

I find dating too artificial a situation to spark real feelings.

• Author
Since I have only been in love 2 times .... 35-40 :1? :o

About how many of those 70-90 relationships were with clients?

Some of the discussions here make me wonder how much unsuccessful dating goes on, or how much people date with no intention of a LTR, on the average.

Define love however you want. If you thought you were in love, that's good enough.

I seem to be landing around 10:3

I have dated a lot, but have only been seriously involved, exclusive, "the talk", ILYs, meet my family etc, 3 times.

It takes a lot for me to really be that invested/fall inlove, even if I casually see you for a while.

• Like 2

Been in love twice, only said I love you once.

I don't know the ratio in front of the love numbers but it's low because I don't normally jump into relationships even after the third date ...

I'm going to say something like 6:1.

in_absentia

I'm 25 and I've been in love three times, once with the guy I was in a relationship with 19-22, once with the guy I was with 22-24 and once with the guy who had an affair with me earlier on this year for five months. I've only had a couple of 'relationships' outside of that lasting a month or two and had lots of dating experience. I don't really start actual relationships unless I can see myself falling for that person big time.