married and in love with married ex boyfriend

i dont know where to start . i am unhappily married with 3 children. i am completely in love with one of my exes and just so happens he loves me back and but he is also married with 2 children. we know we have to stay in our marriages for lots of different reasons but still long to be together and hope to someday. i really dont know what i am to do i know i shouldnt be with him cause i am married but i am also friends with his wife she met him when i was dating him so i wouldnt say we are close. i am truley confused i know for all involved we should end it before it really begins but it seems we are drawn to each other. please give me some advice good or bad.

It's easy to romanticize ex-lovers when the reality of marriage and kids hits home.

In truth, if you were married to your ex, you'd probably be having many of the same issues with HIM that you're facing with your current husband.

The day-to-day life of running a home and disciplining kids can be humdrum. The excitement and luster of the relationship can fade. Sex takes a backseat to shopping and dishes. Couples get lazy and fall into ruts where they stop communicating and sadly....stop having fun with each other. Boy, what a romance killer. So it's always very easy to look back at an old lover and think,

WOW, wasn't it great with HIM? Boy, I should've married THAT GUY!

Before you fall into that trap, yes I DO think you should cut ties with this guy because for all intents and purposes you ARE cheating on your husband emotionally. Emotional affairs can be just as devastating to people as physical affairs are.

Turn to the man you married and tell him you two need to talk and hash some things out.

There must be a reason you married this man? Try to remember those reasons. Look at him as a person again, not just the guy who lives in the same house with you.

If you don't make an effort to repair this marriage (which is certainly not very old....only a few years was it?) I highly doubt you will have the skills and maturity to handle any long-term kind of relationship.

• Author

well thank you for your reply to my post but in reality me and my husband got married for many reasons and love was not one of them i know it was a mistake from day one but stuck it out cause it was my choice so i felt i had to. now i seem stuck here and everyday seems worse itisnt like i am abused thank god but we do not get a long and dont seem to very often at all. we have been married 6 years and i just dont know what to do i stay for my kids sake but i know that isnt right but it is better for them atleast