Want to make this person my friend

problem child

I am a 61 yrs old female and I met this young nurse 34 yrs old who took care of me when I was in the hospital and instantly I liked her, not in a sexy way, but do consider her to be cute. So Later after I got out of the hospital I sent her a invitation to lunch and it's been 4wks and i haven't heard anything from her. I would like to know does everyone feels like I do, was that rude to not responed to my invitation. I have one son and he doesn't speak to me,I would love to have this girl in my life I would love to treat her as a daughter do any one have any ideas.:confused: I would love to have someone to treat as a daughter, and I think this young lady is the prefect person, I just want someone to love me as a mother she has a mother but she's in a different country.

I would like to know does everyone feels like I do, was that rude to not responed to my invitation.

No, I don't think it was rude of her. It's always a crap shoot when you try to befriend someone through their place of work. Sometimes people just want to keep things professional.

I'm not sure it's realistic that you'll find someone who wants a replacement mother, and if you approach friendships from this standpoint, I think you'll be disappointed very often, and you might come on too strong and scare people away.

Why not just try to find some nice friends? Perhaps some younger friends, where the dynamic might naturally have you in a more motherly role, without having to force it? Or maybe you can find some sort of mentoring program, like Big Brothers Big Sisters?