Why is it assumed self hatred is the reason people date outside their race?

TaraMaiden

Oh please.... not another 'race' thread.... dafuq??

It only matters while people make it matter.

self-hatred?

Gimme a phukkin' break.

Please guys - quit this 'race' schytt.

Otherwise Rosa Parks will come and beat you over the head with her handbag.

• Like 3
  • Author

The only reason I even posted this was because off something I saw on another thread.

Ummm... why do you keep talking to her? I thought you only like white women?? The paler the better right? :rolleyes: Why are you're so worried about her dating life? She doesn't have to explain herself to self-hating men anyway.

Anyway, this only compounds itself when you get into gendered professions. With all the men in math and science classes and all the women in literature and language arts, there were no men in my language arts classes and I was a Spanish major, it's hard to do it socially too.

It kind of pissed me off seeing it. Hell I have even had a male user on here get into it with me convinced that I thought other races were easier to have sex with.

TaraMaiden

Quit taking the bait.

The secret to being happy, more, is to care, less.

Why is it assumed self hatred is the reason people date outside their race?

People tend not to have empathy or understanding of a situation they don't experience themselves, i.e., "if I don't have that problem, then you shouldn't have that problem."

Assuming self-hatred is a convenient way to rationalize what people often refuse to believe, either because it shocks the conscience to suggest that racism still exists, albeit subconsciously, in dating; or because they have not experienced first hand the disadvantage of race and cannot comprehend its effects.

• Like 1
Some of us its not that reason. I know it is not my reason

It isn't self hatred.

It's projected bitterness by the person who points their finger and proclaims "self hatred"

• Like 1
PutARingOnIt

It is self hatred when you have to announce to the world why you hate black women. If you have to put down one race of women to make the other look better, you have a problem. Just date outside of your race and stfu. Why do you have to go on youtube and create videos proclaiming your hate for black women? Why do men like Taye Diggs and Wesley Snipes run to the media or Oprah and announce their dislike for black women? Why post hateful comments about black women on messageboards? You don't like us? Well, move the hell on. Why are we on your minds? :eek:

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
  • Like 3
  • Author
It is self hatred when you have to announce to the world why you hate black women. If you have to put down one race of women to make the other look better, you have a problem. Just date outside of your race and stfu. Why do you have to go on youtube and create videos proclaiming your hate for black women? Why do men like Taye Diggs and Wesley Snipes run to the media or Oprah and announce their dislike for black women? Why post hateful comments about black women on messageboards? You don't like us? Well, move the hell on. Why are we on your minds? :eek:

Youtube? What you talking about now?

PutARingOnIt
Youtube? What you talking about now?

Go on Youtube and type "black men hate black women" and tell us what you see. :eek:

• Author
Go on Youtube and type "black men hate black women" and tell us what you see. :eek:

I have checked some out before. I thought it was stupid

There are some self hating people out there. I know Bill Cosby and Eddie Murphy have publicly stated that they are ashamed of their race. They think "black culture" is incredibly embarasising. Although I believe both still date within their race....

However, I think these people are in the minority.

I know Bill Cosby and Eddie Murphy have publicly stated that they are ashamed of their race.

I do want to read about their reasons why but if it is anything that I'm thinking it is, I can't blame them.

I been ashamed of my own skin color for way too long now. I'm not even proud now to be black. We are mostly just a bunch of untamed animals.

I'm sure there are exceptions (like every other case) but finding those exceptional people is going to take me a long time to find.

nicolewest

I don't assume this but when people I know claim to not be attracted to their own race it makes me think they have issues accepting themselves

Quiet Storm
I do want to read about their reasons why but if it is anything that I'm thinking it is, I can't blame them.

I been ashamed of my own skin color for way too long now. I'm not even proud now to be black. We are mostly just a bunch of untamed animals.

I'm sure there are exceptions (like every other case) but finding those exceptional people is going to take me a long time to find.

You should not be ashamed of your race because you aren't proud of the actions of some. There are low class segments of every race. Seriously... think about meth heads cooking drugs in a trailer! Or old racist closed minded white guys. I am not proud of them, but their actions and beliefs don't define ME. There are low class segments of every race.

I get what you are saying, as I was raised in the city, but TRUST ME. I came from a poor white neighborhood complete with hookers, moms with 5 baby daddies, and jittery crackheads scrounging the street for rocks. It is not only a black thing.

I am married to a black man and my kids are biracial. We live in the Baltimore suburbs, and there are many successful black people with great jobs, college degrees, intact families. The DC & Baltimore suburbs is one area, but I am sure there are many others. Maybe you need to move.

Surround yourself with positive & successful people that have goals & dreams!

• Like 1