I came up positive but she came up negative?

Greetings,

Yesterday I went to a std clinic after an outbreak. I was diagnosed with HSV-2 herpes. Honestly, I'm super down and sick. With that in mind I'll tell you my story.

I've been with a great girl for over a year. Better than all the others being 30. She is very independent and has a great paying job. I'm sometimes put in the position of feeling underneath her by trying to keep up which she sometimes doesn't understand. I make 4x less than her and I'm going to school working on my MBA.

Moving along, a week before Christmas she started acting weird. She brought up marriage and kids because we are 30. I told her I couldn't see a life of kids and marriage until I get my finances right. She became argumentive and distant. Right after Christmas and dealing with this. She wanted to take a step back(a break.) I was a little upset because she was refusing communication and being very short. She seemed like she wanted to be single.

New Years Eve was here and I got blacked out drunk at a party. I found myself the next morning lying naked next to a old previous ex girlfriend. She looked better than I could remember. We both had similar stories that morning about our relationships. Knowing her and suspecting her cheating on me years ago, she probably initiated the break with her relationship.

We agreed this never happened and we should probably never contact each other. I wasn't sure if I had unprotected sex with there being an empty condom on the floor. I immediately called my on "break" girlfriend and of course it went to voicemail. I later heard from her a week later. Her explaination was she was stressed out over family and committment.

I told her what happened over our break. She wasn't happy and stopped talking to me for a few more days. Then I get a call from her, drunk with her friends and she said I'm glad you were honest and want to see you. I met her at the club and took her to my place and she aggressively initiated sex. We had unprotected sex as usual because she is on birth control and things went back to normal. I got a 2 bumps that looked like fordyce spots on my shaft while with her after the NYE situation. She looked at it and suggested it being fordyce or ingrown hair from shaving. I didn't think anything of it because it didn't hurt or burn.

She started to bring up the NYE situation a lot and she broke up early March with me over it. I had a small cluster outbreak over the weekend and got tested. Sure enough I had it. The disease that keeps on giving. I've been tested after every relationship and I know my ex is the same way.

(So I did this trying to do what's right)

I contacted her since she was my last partner by texts(she never picks up the phone). And I know she could infect someone else. She was like what do you want? Do I need to block you or change my number? I told her nicely we should meet up because this is serious. She declined and I just dropped her the news by text.

She replied, "funny after I broke up with you, I got tested blood work and culture and thank god I didn't get anything." I took a picture of my new prescription of valtrex and said this is for real serious. She said I knew you always thought I was a ****ty person but maybe instead of blaming me you should talk to the last girl you were with. I told her I'm not blaming her and I'm letting her know she is the last girl. I got the "yeah right." She is infected too. We had unprotected sex like a hundred times after NYE. Those two fordyce looking spots were an std that has been in contact with her.

She told me "your attempts for attention are pathetic." And changed her number and told some of our mutual friends that sided with her during the break up. One of her friends that I work with said get away from me you are nasty. I just feel like I tried to be honest and feel more disgusted and alone. This is only day two of dealing with this.

Edited by Kortalian
Buck Turgidson

Just because you had sex with her while you had herpes doesn't mean that she MUST have it. Herpes is a disease, not a punishment. A disease that's not trivial to spread.

At any rate, you've met your responsibilities by informing her. What she chooses to do with that info in her business alone. Not your concern.