Rating system

miss_jaclynrae

I will never understand it.

When men reference "she was a 6/10" or "she was a 10".

How the hell do you all know what to rate a woman... wouldn't it all be relative?

:confused:

I have honestly never heard a woman "rate" a man before.

Here's the rating system I heard from my ex-wife and her friends:

'Ugly'

'I'd do him if I weren't married'

'I'd do him' <even though I am married>

That's pretty much it. Never heard any numbers.

• Like 6
  • Author
miss_jaclynrae
Because, extreme fetishists aside, we all know what other men mean when they say a girl was a 9/10

Was it cozy in your cave? When did you join us in society?

So this is all male knowledge then? I would love to see all you guys choose a woman who was a 5 on the internet and each post a picture of who YOU think would be a 5.

I can say, 100% I have never in my life heard a woman use the rate system, but men use it constantly and I do not understand how they can all be on the same page. Can't what one man considers a 6 be another mans 3? Or the other way around?

• Like 1
  • Author
miss_jaclynrae
Here's the rating system I heard from my ex-wife and her friends:

'Ugly'

'I'd do him if I weren't married'

'I'd do him' <even though I am married>

That's pretty much it. Never heard any numbers.

I've used words, like "he is sexy", "hot", "mmmmmm that guy is fine!" or "hes cute!"

:laugh:

Ive never turned to my best friend and said "he is definitely a 7, maybe an 8 MAX"

Our (mine and my gfs) system is: "yeah, do-able!", "yeah, I'd probably do him", "I'd do him", "I'd totally do him" & "hold my drink for a while, will ya?"

• Like 2

I have never used a numerical rating scale, and neither has any woman I've discussed such things with.

I tend to comment when I see traits I find most appealing, strong shoulders, good hair, and a nice smile. Then probably a head shake and an "mmm".

Men as a whole agree on what makes a woman attractive. So does society. This is why you see the same types of women in magazines and on runways as models.

Men Agree on What's Attractive, Women Don't - Lemondrop.com

Can't be bothered to click on that link but for your information, fashion is run by gay males. They tend to select women who have similar bodies as men so fabrics drape better. Human clothes hangers.
  • Like 1

Don't use rating systems. I find them quite juvenile - it was cool when younger in boys school :laugh:. Now older, I think it's quite ugly - and not really representative of how I see beauty in my own eyes.

• Like 3
Don't use rating systems. I find them quite juvenile - it was cool when younger in boys school :laugh:. Now older, I think it's quite ugly - and not really representative of how I see beauty in my own eyes.

And that's why you're a 10/10! :laugh:

• Like 2
Ninjainpajamas

Most men can generally agree within two points of what a woman's overall attractiveness level is...however it is determined also by the area and pool which you are judging from, so it is subjective to the demographic.

For example...If I travel to a small town in California, a girl who is considered an 8 there, might be a Los Angeles 6 or 7 at best.

For that demographic she might be considered really attractive...even model-like, in a town full of uglies with limited options.

Men are visual, so they want to know what she "looks like" above all else, that's why there's so much emphasis on a rating system.

Women however are all about the details so they'll go into these nonsensical and irrelevant details (at least to a man ;) ) to describe an ascertain what kind of man they are with and how much they are into them for whatever reason...to men we see this explanation as an over-exaggeration by women because they're obviously infatuated with the man and have the desire to ramble on about him...for men we're not interested in all of that, just primary areas, we need a briefing, not a description...a rating system covers it.

So whenever you hear a rating it is generally a description of a woman physically. If she is a "good catch" because of X or X that is mentioned somewhere else in a more personal/one on one conversation maybe amongst a good or close friends. But even that exceeds into "relationship talk" where men won't generally rate using that scale.

Keep in mind it depends on the group of men that is rating you too. A group of men who are desirable/attractive and successful with women are not going to give a very high rating for someone who is trying to appear sexy and desirable but is average in looks or just above, where as a group of nerds or less successful men will have their jaws on the floor screaming automatically she's a 10...you exceed their expectations of what they can acquire in a woman, physically. More desirable men with options are obviously more critical and harsher in their judgment because they can afford to be.

Therefore in a general consensus amongst men, your rating should be taken with a grain of salt as it is most likely to be exaggerated by the less successful men which make up the greater majority...at least IMHO.

Edited by Ninjainpajamas
Most men can generally agree within two points of what a woman's overall attractiveness level is...however it is determined also by the area and pool which you are judging from, so it is subjective to the demographic.

For example...If I travel to a small town in California, a girl who is considered an 8 there, might be a Los Angeles 6 or 7 at best.

For that demographic she might be considered really attractive...even model-like, in a town full of uglies with limited options.

Men are visual, so they want to know what she "looks like" above all else, that's why there's so much emphasis on a rating system.

Women however are all about the details so they'll go into these nonsensical and irrelevant details (at least to a man ;) ) to describe an ascertain what kind of man they are with and how much they are into them for whatever reason...to men we see this explanation as an over-exaggeration by women because they're obviously infatuated with the man and have the desire to ramble on about him...for men we're not interested in all of that, just primary areas, we need a briefing, not a description...a rating system covers it.

So whenever you hear a rating it is generally a description of a woman physically. If she is a "good catch" because of X or X that is mentioned somewhere else in a more personal/one on one conversation maybe amongst a good or close friends. But even that exceeds into "relationship talk" where men won't generally rate using that scale.

Keep in mind it depends on the group of men that is rating you too. A group of men who are desirable/attractive and successful with women are not going to give a very high rating for someone who is trying to appear sexy and desirable but is average in looks or just above, where as a group of nerds or less successful men will have their jaws on the floor screaming automatically she's a 10...you exceed their expectations of what they can acquire in a woman, physically. More desirable men with options are obviously more critical and harsher in their judgment because they can afford to be.

Therefore in a general consensus amongst men, your rating should be taken with a grain of salt as it is most likely to be exaggerated by the less successful men which make up the greater majority...at least IMHO.

It makes sense, but I don't really relate it to numbers - it becomes a bit too statistical for my liking, so I think that assigning a number out of ten reduces the individual beauty of that person. I prefer particular adjectives that accurately depict certain facets of that person that makes them beautiful in their own right.

• Like 1
Here's the basic rating system.

5. Average

6. Cute

7. Cuter/Pretty

8+ very attractive

Handy dandy chart.

Thanks for posting that, I lost the one I carry around in my wallet.

OP don't worry about it too much, the rating thing goes out the window as soon as he falls in love with you.

Here's the basic rating system.

5. Average

6. Cute

7. Cuter/Pretty

8+ very attractive

Handy dandy chart.

Maybe I'm strange because I look at it more like in terms of "grades" like passing or failing...

To me a 5 would be unattractive because that's a "failing" grade, whereas 7 would be average because as a grade © it's an "average" grade.

Or perhaps my assessment is just nonsensical.

Ninjainpajamas
It makes sense, but I don't really relate it to numbers - it becomes a bit too statistical for my liking, so I think that assigning a number out of ten reduces the individual beauty of that person. I prefer particular adjectives that accurately depict certain facets of that person that makes them beautiful in their own right.

It's fine if you still find that woman to be attractive and more desirable than the "rating" based on personal taste, it's not intended to be highly accurate...the rating is just a general gauge and idea of what some random woman looks like without having to go into any extensive detail or explanation...which amongst guys they're not really that curious or interested to know, they just want an idea of what we're talking about here.

It's not intended to be this ultimate scale of determination, or reflect any relationship determination...but If you ask your friends about a woman and what she rates on a scale of 1-10...I'm certain they'll give you a number and that will determine an average because everyone may have their own opinion but it will generally fall within two points and average out somewhere in the middle.

And honestly as much as people want to pretend they don't really care about their "number"...they do, it's human nature, they'd be curious to know. Human beings can be superficial, it's no secret...no white horse for me here on this topic, this is the truth IMO.

It's fine if you still find that woman to be attractive and more desirable than the "rating" based on personal taste, it's not intended to be highly accurate...the rating is just a general gauge and idea of what some random woman looks like without having to go into any extensive detail or explanation...which amongst guys they're not really that curious or interested to know, they just want an idea of what we're talking about here.

It's not intended to be this ultimate scale of determination, or reflect any relationship determination...but If you ask your friends about a woman and what she rates on a scale of 1-10...I'm certain they'll give you a number and that will determine an average because everyone may have their own opinion but it will generally fall within two points and average out somewhere in the middle.

And honestly as much as people want to pretend they don't really care about their "number"...they do, it's human nature, they'd be curious to know. Human beings can be superficial, it's no secret...no white horse for me here on this topic, this is the truth IMO.

I understand that. I think when used in such a context, it is perhaps more lighthearted - I find that people put too much weight towards it. I don't really find it fun as a result so I don't adhere to it.

As for the number, it is true, we are all curious as to how we would be rated. That doesn't make the system any less stupid in my eyes - it is just our folly that we still want to know how we rate :laugh:.

Maybe I'm strange because I look at it more like in terms of "grades" like passing or failing...

To me a 5 would be unattractive because that's a "failing" grade, whereas 7 would be average because as a grade © it's an "average" grade.

Or perhaps my assessment is just nonsensical.

haha well that's why it should be a 1-5 scale then. 1-10 is too large. EVERYONE rates themself a 7! Which is better than average on 1-10. So 1-5, most people would be like "well, 3, but a 4 if I really dress up" :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I don't give a crap if people wanna use # scales. My scale is "hot", "okay", and "no".

• Like 1
Eternal Sunshine

When I was in high school, boys used to write a number on a piece of cardboard and held it up as a girl walked past. They were really harsh too.

Girls were only offended if they got a low score :laugh:

• Like 1
haha well that's why it should be a 1-5 scale then. 1-10 is too large. EVERYONE rates themself a 7! Which is better than average on 1-10. So 1-5, most people would be like "well, 3, but a 4 if I really dress up" :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I don't give a crap if people wanna use # scales. My scale is "hot", "okay", and "no".

yeah, perhaps 1-5 is more reasonable, because when I rate myself as a 7, I'm looking at it in terms of "grades" and being "average" as like... a C+

In terms of 1-5 I'd say 3.5 then. Easier to determine an average when looking at 1-5