should family decide a relationships future?

My bestfriend has been with her fiance for 10 years. His family has caused many issues over the years. As time goes by, she is more unhappy with the family and the way they act. They even expected a cousin of the fiance to come live with them after hes done doing jail time for a terrible crime. The fiances two aunts plotted to get my friend a job in another town that was a live in position. Her fiance would have been able to live her and that would leave their home empty. The aunts decided that the criminal cousin should use the empty home as his own!

My friend has become so unhappy in the situation. She would never ask him to choose between her and the family, because family is important. She has thought about leaving the relationship due to his family drama, but doesnt feel right about that either.

Looking for some opinions here on how much of an impact in laws should have on a relationship ?

That is the worst thing is getting friends and family involved in a relationship. One family is going to want this and the other wants this. Which it will cause a relationship to fail. Its better that the decisions be made by the couple never the family. The family should just be there for support not make decisions for them.