My FWB doesn't reach out to me but responds quickly when I reach out to him

He was angry after the FWB break up because he felt I hurt him. When in reality he hurt me as well. Well I broke up with him and now we are now working on being friends or at least that is what he wanted to do. He started off being very bitter and saying sarcastic and passive aggressive remarks. He was also ending conversations abruptly or in the middle of texting he will stop replying.

After a month of that he is now very cordial and nicer than before however he is also not reaching out to me to say hello or how are you etc. When I do reach out he responds quickly and nicely. But like with most of my friends I don't always want to start conversations so if he doesn't reach out I will just leave him be and let the friendship die. I am assuming he is not getting anything out of a friendship now so perhaps he is done. Its not another girl because he always dated a lot of women and had female friends and he still talked to me on a daily basis. :bunny::bunny::cool:

should I just stop trying to make it a friendship and stop reaching out to him. If he wanted friendship he would work harder at it as well, right? :o

FWB is about sex. Evidently he's not proactively seeking out sex anymore but is OK to respond to your contacts. With FWB, there is generally no explicit, implicit or implied contract of care nor fidelity. It is a relationship of convenience; sexual convenience. If you ended contact today and never heard from him again, what would happen? Over and done.

• Like 2

You were nothing but a booty call. Your "friendship" means nothing to him.......trust me

FWB is about sex. Evidently he's not proactively seeking out sex anymore but is OK to respond to your contacts. With FWB, there is generally no explicit, implicit or implied contract of care nor fidelity. It is a relationship of convenience; sexual convenience. If you ended contact today and never heard from him again, what would happen? Over and done.

You're confusing "friends with benefits" with "f*** buddies"... They're pretty different. In a FWB arrangement, the two parties are actually friends beyond the sexual activities, and usually have some emotional (just not romantic) investment in one another. F*** buddies are people you meet up with really only to have sex, there usually isn't actually any friendship involved. Neither arrangement has any implication of exclusivity, since then they would be romantic relationships.

It sounds like both the OP and her FWB were emotionally invested in one another, which is leading to the current strife.

• Like 1