Tips to me stop living in the past and adapt to the future?

Hello. Sometimes I feel like I have no type of love life. I look around me and realize that college is supposed to be the best time of your life, but right now, it just plain out sucks. I'm doing good in my classes, but there isn't that group of friends I used to have in high school to sit and have lunch with, or that girl that I have a little thing going on with. Get what I'm saying? I don't know anyone in college, even though complete strangers tend to be nicer than a few people that you do know. I look at my past and see all the girls I used to flirt with, all the ones I used to be with. And I look at my life right now, and realize it doesn't compare. Back in high school, I wasn't allowed to have a girl friend, but I did anyways. Now I am, in fact even encouraged, but I don't. I used to have so many girls after me that If i took up every offer, I would have a girlfriend till I was 30. Now, not so much. Is the beginning of college always like this, or is it just me? it's a brand new school, I don't know anybody good enough to hang out with them after school, and usually everyone's busy studying or doing homework or something. I can't bare the time with out any female interaction. What do I do? I need a girlfriend, but I have no job, don't have a car (Not yet), and almost no money (Going to get a job in the second year of college), and I'm turning 18 next week so that shrinks the choice pool even more. Sorry if this was more of a rant than a question, but I had to let it out somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Acknowledge that you're living in nostalgia and in fact aren't enjoying your past. Just the good parts.

What's more every day force yourself to do something fun every other day. You expect your present to have the same quality of fond memories. It never will....but todays experiences will become those fond memories later on.

So make a list of what you value. And do them, prioritize them for your own well being.