Girlfriend has gone off to Samoa... I worry

So I live in NZ with my girlfriend and we are both 18 years of age.

I'm her first sexual and serious partner for 6 months now and everything has gone well for us and we both love each other.

Couple days ago she left for Samoa with her father (She is half Samoan) for the first time in her life for nine days for a small holiday.

Now I know I prob sound like an idiot but I keep thinking about someone taking advantage of her, or something happening on one of the beaches.

Of course I asked her and she swore to me she would not.

Secondly she isn't even going to be drinking alcohol as far as I know even when she visits american Samoa. (Her father will also be with her most of the time)

My real worry is that something might happen with one of the guys over there and even though its a short time and shes around family I cant help but get this image of her being unfaithful out of my head. Shes a sweetheart and I guess in the back of my mind I have security that she wouldn't cheat on me but its hard for me to assure myself for some reason :/

I've been cheated on twice before and I'm curious if that might be why I'm like this?

The main point is I'm just a little worried she might go off and for a quick 9 days have a small fling without me even finding out. I personally would never do that to her but I cant seem to get it out of my head...

You are just creating a problem out of nothing. Ask yourself, would you trust yourself if you were in her shoes? If you get surrounded by 9 sexy samoans and they hit on you would you refuse?

If you would struggle with thoughts of temptation, then you are afraid she might react the same way. You are projecting your own fear unto her.

Since you mentioned she can be trusted then quit worrying.

• Author

Oh my god you're right....

Thats amazing I do get screwed over when it comes to temptation while never actually falling to it I think its because I personally have those feelings

Thank you