This may be sort of a general question, but did the water cooler forum get taken off?

Well anyway, I'm wondering what you believe "drama" to be? This guy I used to hang out with, sort of dated/talk to online mostly now, accuses me of "enjoying drama" and always talking about "drama." I have no idea what he is talking about and its irritating me.

Ok so here it is...

Earlier today I talked about a HUGE group fight that broke out at a party I went to last night, it was no petty issue, cops were there for hours, people got taken on an ambulance, a gun was pulled..and one of his friends was beat up so I thought it was pretty relevant for me to let him know... later I mentioned a girl who confronted me over hearing through the grapevine that I "like her boyfriend," which was ridiculous considering I barely even know him and have NEVER liked him. Just trying to make conversation. He low blowed me and said "all you ever talk about is drama. you enjoy it" In my opinion, "drama" is going around running your mouth, trying to get people mad at eachother, saying "so and so said this about that person" or going up to someone and being like "guess who was talking about you?!" I don't see how just making general statements about things going on in my life is "drama." I don't start petty fights with people, I mind my own business, and I don't run my mouth about people. He's making me feel like I can't say anything without it being titled "drama." He asks me how my night was, I tell him, and I get accused of being into "drama."

Another example, is when he drove down to see me after not seeing him for months and months, talked like the whole night, stayed all night with me, then he ignored me online for an entire week and didn't call me. When I asked him what was going on, he started going off on me saying "why do you want to start drama with me!!!! It's the f**king INTERNET" I wasn't even mad or anything, I just wondered if he was mad at me or something when he didn't talk to me a whole week afterward..is that a crazy thing to ask or something? I even told him I wasn't mad I just wanted to know, and he hung up on me. This is so irritating. Keep in mind, that this guy barely ever talks. All he knows how to say is hey and whats up. He's kind of boring actually. Never hardly speaks. I ask him so what did you do today? "nothin." How was your weekend? "Fine." Thats the only responses you can get out of him.

I just don't see what he wants me to be.. a mute? I don't run my mouth about people or start rumors, lie about ppl, etc which is what I believe drama to be. I don't tell secrets. There is so many things I know about people and I never tell a soul. . Should I just quit even trying to talk to him? I also feel there is pressure for me to talk because he BARELY says a word. Then when I talk about things going on in my life I get accused of being into drama. This is irritating and he's getting on my nerves.

What do YOU think drama is? Am I in the wrong for thinking this? I feel like I can't say anything to him without getting insulted.

Fedup&givingup

Drama and trauma...it's trouble, anything that is exciting (usually with a negative connotation).

As for this guy...sounds charming. I would steer clear of him. He seems to think you're so caught up in drama while it looks like he needs surgery to remove his head....

I would have told him about what happened with the fight and all. That was a major event. If you hadn't told him, YOU would have been weird LOL.

I don't think that is drama. If this guy isn't willing to listen to what you have to say, then he isn't the 1 for you. Next time you talk/write him in the net do the same as he does. "How was your day?" Fine. Maybe he'll get a taste of his own medicine, and take a hint that you can't get to know someone with close ended statements.

Find someone who is as exciting as you are and is willing to listen and enjoy your company.

reasontosigh
.....and one of his friends was beat up so I thought it was pretty relevant for me to let him know...

He doesn't sound like much of a friend, thats for sure. I wonder if he ever bothered to find out if the poor guy is all right.

This may be sort of a general question, but did the water cooler forum get taken off?

Its still here. You are registered so you should be able to get to it. It's near the bottom on the main page. I usually just go there from the "new posts" page, as almost always there will be a new topic posted there.

I guess if you're as exciting as this guy sounds, ANYTHING would be drama. Sounds like he just objects to you talking at all!

Why do you want to be with him?

Fedup&givingup

My thoughts exactly, G...

I'm thinking that watching paint dry on the wall would be considered intense for him....

• Author

You guys are great, lol.

You know, I think it really is time I kick this guy to the curb. I used to take his quietness and lack of conversation as him being "mysterious" or the "silent type", I used to think that I could get him to come out of his shell, but after 2 years? hmmm...doesn't look like that's ever going to happen.

Now I see that the truth is there is NO personality in there whatsoever. ...guess maybe he really is just so boring he has absolutely NOTHING to say. EVERYTHING really would seem intense to him...I loved your guys comments...its the motivation I need to say adios to this bore. ; )