Bf said 'I Love You' but hasn't said it since

A week ago, my boyfriend (me 27 and him 28) said he loved me while we were snuggling. I didn't say it back at the time but I kissed him and held him tightly. I said it about a week later and he said it right back. However, he hasn't said it since and I know many people don't say it all the time but I'm wondering if he's thinking he said it too soon or doesn't need to say it more than once sine he has let me know.

The reason why I ask is tonight we had a great time together and laughed all night and he said "you make it so easy to fall in love with you". Doesn't that mean that he's NOT in love with me yet or is he reiterating he's in love with me, it's confusing. He also said the things 'you're great', 'you're a good girlfriend' 'you are so beautiful', 'I'm so lucky' which he says a lot usually but I guess that earlier quote kind of made me wonder if I was just over-analyzing. Nothing was out of the norm, he kept holding my hand as he drove me home, but that 'easy to fall in love with you' as if he hasn't fallen in love with me got me thinking. What do you guys think?

I think, you're over-analysing.

My take is that he has already fallen in love with you.

He's showering you with compliments yet you're choosing to focus on just one specific phrase.

You sound like you're both in the wonderful honeymoon period. It's very easy to get caught up in one another and you should definitely enjoy it. However, don't forget everything else that's going on in your life. When you focus too much on one thing, especially when it's tied very tightly to your emotions, you become susceptible to every nuance, whether it's important or not. So much so that you miss the bigger picture of what else is on your plate.

He may not want to freak YOU out because you didn't say it back right away. He may be feeling somewhat self conscious, hence the "falling in love with you" comment. That's a less intense/pressuring way to tell someone you love them.

I agree with January that you are overanalyzing this. He loves you, he already told you he did. Why don't you say "I love you" to him. I say it first to my husband all the time. If you love each other then don't worry about who says it and when. That's just semantics.

• Author

You guys both have really good points. I know that I tend to over-analyze and I should be taking in all the compliments rather than focusing on one thing he said as if it negated all of his positive affirmations. I do want to wait to say it until he says it again as he knows where I/we stand now. It is still the honeymoon period and I'm scared knowing that one day that lovey-dovey part will slowly end and we will become more comfortable with each other and I will miss it. I do need to see the bigger picture and enjoy the moment rather than waiting for him to say it again.