Job Interview disorder?

nervous girl

Hi, i just got a call, asking for an interview with me this Friday, i am soooooooo nervousssssssss!!! It is a Teaching Assistant job in elementary school. I always want to work in school.... Man, i'm nervous, i always have interview "disorder", and i think my interview skills are not good enough. Everytime i got an interview, i would check out the company's info (e.g. year of establishment, aims, future plan) and then prepare a list of interview questions, and then expect what would they ask, how would i reply to that, what should i wear, is the employer mean, can i do the job good enough...stuff like that, and eventually i got too nervous!!!!! I thougt i was well prepared, but when i got there , i always got too nervous, and my brain couldn't function. :(

Help!!! I'm scared, so scared that my nervousness will ruin my interview.

I still have 5 days for me to prepare for the interview, but i'm already nervous as hell...... , i'm sweating! I want to do my best in the interview, i don't want to ruin my chance of getting the job because i do bad in interview..... :(

is there anyone you can "practice" with? someone who'll throw questions at you in a simulated situation? that might take off some of the pressure.

I think a lot of us have the same phobia when it comes to being put in the spotlight, especially for a job that we want so badly!

One thing that's helped me? I learned to turn it around and think of it as ME interviewing THEM -- there are things that I want to learn about their business, there were topics that I'd try to find in common with the interviewer (if you're in someone's office, take time to look around and get a feel for the interviewer's personality. You'd be amazed at some of the things you find that you're also interested in). Really, just look for things that bring the interviewer out of the "untouchable" and "removed" category and down to "friendly chat" level.

In fact, that "connection" or "ice-breaker" kind of conversation has come in handy when I've had to interview someone cold turkey for a story or when I'm someplace where I don't know anyone.

You might also want to consider breathing therapy, just taking deep breaths to calm yourself before going into the interview. That helps steady you a bit.

Good luck with the interview!

There are several things to do that may help.

One is to excercise very vigorously before you go to the interview. Like, get on the treadmill for an hour, or do a long hike.

Take a nice relaxing shower, leave the house with plenty of time to get there and arrive early so you have time to compose yourself.

Excercise is great for reducing stress!

Check out your local high schools and colleges...they may have adult ed courses on job interviewing techniques. That can be very enlightening!

Practicing beforehand is a great idea. Have a friend pretend to be the interviewer and ask you all kinds of questions.

Here's a tip; I've had to interview people for jobs before. The main thing we wanted was someone genuine, honest and reliable. A lot of times we didn't care so much if they didn't know the answer to every question

If you DON'T know how to answer something, just reply, "I"m not sure how I'd answer that. I tend to think things over as a general rule"

Or...."I don't have the answer to that right now. But I know where to go find the information!"

Remember, these people need YOU....probably more than you need them!

Smile and look like you're enjoying yourself!

Don't fidget,play with your hair, avoid eye contact or forget to thank people!

GOOD LUCK