Guys always go for the best and hottest...

Spinoff thread...

Since the banter here at LS often makes me feel like dating is like Hollywood and famous people.

Some hot and famous guys with more money that can spend in this lifetime and who they ended up marrying.

Joe Mauer:

Dated:

Google Image Result for http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kznnhlmS2u1qbntvuo1_400.jpg

Married:

Example image

Andre Agassi:

Dated:

Google Image Result for http://makeupbeat.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/brookeshields.jpg

Married:

Google Image Result for http://cearensesinternacionais.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/steffi-graf1.jpg

Philip Rivers:

Married:

Google Image Result for http://sdgln.com/files/rivers-16079.jpg

I'm a big sports fan, and there's a lot more, but you get the point.

The mentality of wanting the best looks and money you can get will be the same whether you are rich and handsome or poor and ugly...

And so will the mentality of trying to find someone you connect with whether you are rich and handsome or poor and ugly...

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator

Philip Rivers' wife is cute.

Other than that, I get your point entirely. People's motivations and experience of attraction is always going to differ or vary according to the individual. Which is why I often refrain from making sweeping generalization, especially where something as subjective and flexible as attraction is involved.

I don't really put stock into "the best I can get" in so much as I just want someone I like full stop. It's not a competition to me.

• Author
Philip Rivers' wife is cute.

Other than that, I get your point entirely. People's motivations and experience of attraction is always going to differ or vary according to the individual. Which is why I often refrain from making sweeping generalization, especially where something as subjective and flexible as attraction is involved.

I don't really put stock into "the best I can get" in so much as I just want someone I like full stop. It's not a competition to me.

Do you think so?

I don't think she's attractive. I don't think she's unattractive either though. I'd probably date her if she were what I was looking for.

Good to know that looks are subjective.

Do you even know who Philip Rivers is?

Of course, I could have used Cheryl Cole as an example too. But that wouldn't have been so useful. :laugh:

You are creating a straw man. Yes, men want someone they connect with.... they also want the best they can get. These two statements do not contradict each other.

They want the best person they can get who is also compatible. In other words, if there are two compatible women, and one of them is hot and one of them is cute, hot girl wins. Because she is both hot and compatible.

Using sports stars is also not the best support of your case, since they are notorious for cheating on their spouses while on the road. If a guy isn't into monogamy, then yeah he probably will choose ultimate comparability over looks, because he can still have hot sex with beautiful women AND get the perfect wife at home.

Do you think so?

I don't think she's attractive. I don't think she's unattractive either though. I'd probably date her if she were what I was looking for.

Of course, I could have used Cheryl Cole as an example too. But that wouldn't have been so useful. :laugh:

Funny thing - I'm not really into Cheryl Cole either :laugh:. She's not bad, but still - not really what I would go for. Goes to show how subjective it really is! :laugh:

P.S. No, I don't actually know who Philip Rivers is :lmao:

You are creating a straw man. Yes, men want someone they connect with.... they also want the best they can get. These two statements do not contradict each other.

They want the best person they can get who is also compatible. In other words, if there are two compatible women, and one of them is hot and one of them is cute, hot girl wins. Because she is both hot and compatible.

Using sports stars is also not the best support of your case, since they are notorious for cheating on their spouses while on the road. If a guy isn't into monogamy, then yeah he probably will choose ultimate comparability over looks, because he can still have hot sex with beautiful women AND get the perfect wife at home.

i'm curious if you're reflecting on someone's actual story, cos in my 10 something years of dating, i have yet to meet/date two girls that i was equally compatible with at the same time. IME, it's always been a unique experience with every one of them, so the concept of 'equal compatibility' (in the strictest sense of the term) honestly baffles me.

i suppose it kinda works if you reduce people into compartmental traits, etc. *shrugs

• Like 2
Do you think so?

You could have also used Lamar Odom and his wife. Why would any man want to marry in to that circus, let alone a rich famous basketball player.

Cheryl Cole.............................

I think Cheryl and

from the Susan Boyle viral video are my favorite British chicks.
You could have also used Lamar Odom and his wife. Why would any man want to marry in to that circus, let alone a rich famous basketball player.

Cheryl Cole.............................

I think Cheryl and

from the Susan Boyle viral video are my favorite British chicks.

Amanda Holden?

She was a lot hotter a few years back, but she still looks good. Although I suspect she's had the Botox done.

I like Alesha Dixon a lot - I think even when she is old, she will always be very beautiful :love:

Amanda Holden?

She was a lot hotter a few years back, but she still looks good. Although I suspect she's had the Botox done.

Suspect???? I'm surprised she can actually move considering the amount she has inside her :laugh:

Suspect???? I'm surprised she can actually move considering the amount she has inside her :laugh:

Yeah, I was amused when I saw she could barely move the top of her face :laugh:.

I think a lot of guys go for who they like rather than calculatingly getting the "best they can".

I think a lot of guys go for who they like rather than calculatingly getting the "best they can".

And those two things are different.... how?

And those two things are different.... how?

Trying to get the best doesn't factor into the equation, it's either "I like her" or "I don't". Full stop. None of this league bullsh*t.