Avoiding "friends-only" status, KINDA LONG

OK some of you may have been following this, but here goes:

About a month ago I met this awesome girl at a party, she had a little to drink and we got pretty affectionate. She gave me her number and told me to call her the next day, but I didnt because I had a date. Then later I learned she was dating one of my schools exchange students, so I was a dirp and didnt call her. So things with the girl I had the date with went nowhere, and the Friday before last a friend that me and the girl share told me I should ask her on a date, and that she was losing interest in the exchange student dude. So I asked my friend if the girl had been talking about me or something, and she went and asked the girl what was up. Well she came back and said "she doesnt know about him, but shes also not sure about you either." But in the meantime I had seen her around town several times and she always waves at me.

Also I went to the store she works at on Saturday, and got in line at her register to pay for my stuff, she didnt acknowledge my presence at first, but theres no way she could NOT have seen me, and her face kept getting redder and redder and redder :p. Well another cashier says I can get you over here, so I say ok and start walking over, the girl looks up and waves at me and smiles. I get my stuff paid for, look over and shes already looking at me, smiles and waves again. I go to the doors where my sis is waiting for me with a big smirk on her face, she says the girl was watching me the whole time she was helping her customer. :p

So today I actually called her. She seemed to be expecting my call, and seemed pretty excited to hear from me. She tells me she was dissappointed that she didnt get to talk to me on Saturday, and told me that I should of told the other associate to buzz off so I could talk to her, jokingly. So I ask if she wants to hang out sometime and she says yes, and that now that she has my number she'll start calling me to say hi and whatnot.

So yeah I've got my foot in the door, but I worry I'll get stuck in the "Friends-Only Zone" Any advice on how to avoid that?

get physical with her, pat her on the back/shoulder/arm( what i really mean is show her you're into her physically, touch her occasionally on those areas) and dont reveal too much about yourself, let her do more talking than you. give sincere compliments, notice little things about her that are different than the last time u saw her...dont give the common crap like "you look hot today or pretty" they get sick of hearing that lame stuff. if she wears a nice hat, compliment the hat... u get the pic.

dont drool over her, treat her as if she was another guy. dont treat her like a princess. dont go out of your way to help her when she asks of favors...(if it was me i'd probably wouldnt bother at all), that will only lead her to step on you.

cut your get togethers with her to 2x at most a week 1x at least.

cut your conversations short when you talk on the pohone. probably 10 - 20 mins max...then say you're busy gott some stuff to do. the problem is when u chat w/a girl for too long, you reveal too much about yourself and the mystery is over. keep yourself as busy as you can everyday, so you wont have to lie about it. pretty much, have a life. girls like guys who are socially active and have a life of their own as well as goals....good luck bro!

these are the basic things you should remember, there are so much other stuff but i gotta hit the sack.

• Author

OK I called her yesturday, got no answer and left a message. Then today I called her again about 6:30, but she was working and her mom told me I could call when she gets home about 9:00. So I called then but got no answer and didnt leave a message. Then a little while later she called me. We talked on the phone for a while and she just came out and said that she broke up with the exchange student today! She also mentioned she didnt pickup yesturday because they were arguing when I called and that he got kinda upset when he heard my message :p. So combine her willingness to volunteer such information unprovoked and the signals ive been getting, I'd say things are looking very promising. But I have a question: Should I wait to ask her out? I mean they JUST broke up but she told me she didnt really like him that much, and that he was moving away in 2 months anyway. So should I wait or not?

• Author

oh yeah she also mentioned that she didnt really like him that much, and that they broke up because he wanted to have sex, and she didnt want to do it with someone she had no possible future with.

Whoa! buddy tone it down.

you're calling a girl so much times in 2 days!!

when you call a girl, Never ever leave a message.

if she didnt pick up, just call a few days later or even a week. when you call so often in a small period of time and leave a message, it shows them you're desperate. usually they will put you in the friendship zone if u keep this up. remember not to talk too long, you will be classified as a girlfriend as girls always love to chat. 5 - 20 min is good neough.

be careful cause girls that just broke up w/ a guy easily use other guys as rebound.

• Author

OK no more messages, good thing I've only left one. Also we only talked for 20 minutes on Thursday so were not staying on the phone too long. But I wonder about something: When we were done talking on the phone on Thursday she said bye, and told me she'd call me later (i didnt think she'd call me that night because we got off the phone about 10 o'clock). So should I wait for her to call me? She really seemed to want to make it clear that she wanted to call me. My plan was to give her until Sunday to call, and if she doesnt then call her. And in the meantime just hang out with my friends and stay busy. Any thoughts?

when she said "ill call you later"

lets analyze this.

usually if a girl is actually interested in you, they genuinely mean it and will call you later in the week.

if they dont call you, then i guess they're not really that interested or playing games.

why games?? well if this is a test, she wants to see how long you're willing to wait before you end up dialing her #.

Im not really sure advice i should give you if she doesnt call you. but if it was me, i'd just call her whenever im actually free or average a week.

oh and btw, usually when you guys are on the phone, you should normally be the first to exit. as in, you got something to do, talk to her later. hangup.

just remember, phones arent to be abused. they're used to set up dates only. chatting = more revealing about yourself to her, that it wont even be necessary to set up dates for her to get to know you.

yes hang out iwth friends and stay busy.

Remember, guys want women. but they dont need them.

you dont need them to have a good time. just think of it this way, if anything, she should NEED you to have a good time cause you're fun to be around!

keep it in mind.

• Author

ok i think she will call me, the way in which she said it made it seem like she wanted it be clear that she wanted to talk again, plus she always so excited to see me, and is the same when I call I believe. :p

that's great!

usually when guys say "ill call you later" it means that they wont call.

I do that sometimes or most of the time.