I have an aqward relationship with my mom?

Hey all. I´m not really sure why I´m writing this thread, maybe to get some advice or just to get my feelings out.

The thing is, it feels like I have a bit of an aqward relationship with my mom. I mean I love her to death and everything, and she does feel like one of my best friends and I can talk to her about a lot of things.

But, silly enough, when it comes to boys she feels like a total stranger. I just can´t talk to my mom about boys! It feels like she "shuts down" and she becomes all quiet and it looks like she is angry or something.. It just gets really aqward!! Why??

I´ve recently met this wonderful guy and I´m falling hard for him, and he likes me too. I´ve mentioned him to my mom, and she seemed somewhat happy but didn´t say much. I´m going to visit him this weekend and I said that to my mom and she just said "uhuum", and seemed a bit uncomfortable.

It just gets so annoying! I´ve tried to mention this to my mom, and she just tries to brush it all away, like "naahh, of course it´s not like that". But it is.

It´s just hard for me to talk about feelings with my mom, especially when a boy is involved. Do you have any good advice on how to make these things flow easier with my mom?

• Author

Perhaps I should also mention that last weekend this guy I´m dating came to my town for a visit, and while we were walking in town, hand in hand in and laughing, my mom happened to walk past us, I didn´t even see her until she kinda walked passed. She smiled and said "hi", but walked on. I felt really bad cause I would have stopped and chatted with her, but since I had my date with me I didn´t want to introduce him to her yet, since we´ve only been dating for about 2 months. Or am I a really bad person?? It just felt really aqward and I felt a bit ashamed. Meeting the parents is kinda a big step, and this guy I´m seeing hasn´t even told his parents yet that he´s dating me. He´s mentioned that he is not ready to meet them yet, and I respect that. I told him though that my mom just walked by, and he just got all "ohh......." and looked terrified, haha.

It just feels so weird, jeez, or maybe I´m just overthinging things, as usual :)