I have a feeling my brother's friend doesn't like me anymore?

I'm 16 and so is my brother's friend. I met him in December when he first came over and he's always been really flirty with me. He even told my brother that he was going to ask me to homecoming but then my brother told him I was already going with someone (which I wasn't -_-) so he didn't ask me. And a month ago, he texted me and said we should watch a movie sometime and I didn't really give him a definite answer until a few days ago when I texted him "So, about that movie.." and we planned to watch a movie when he comes back from vacation, which is on Monday. He texted my brother and told him that we're going to watch a movie together and he was like, "omg why.." and he was like, "calm down, she doesn't see males so often, you need some for your mental health." By the way, I just started homeschool so that might've been the only reason he said that but it still kinda makes me think that he's doing this out of pity. It's just that he used to always text and flirt with me but he hasn't for a few weeks. And it's because I've been acting uninterested in him lately (on accident though). That's the only reason I texted him a few days ago and asked about the movie..I did that because I wanted him to know that I'm not annoyed by him or anything like he thought I was. But he didn't know that was the reason and now he thinks that I like him..which I do, but still. Also, my brother told me today that his friend never liked me..And I was confused because he really seemed like he at least used to like me. Could my brother just be saying that because he doesn't want anything to happen between his friend and I? And does it seem like he still likes me or that he just moved on? Thanks in advance. :)

january2011

I suggest not letting a third person (your brother) be a go-between. Otherwise, communications are prone to misunderstandings. Especially as your brother is likely to have his own agenda. Which makes dating your brother's friends a bad idea in the first place.

However, you've texted the friend now and can't take it back. So the ball is in his court to get back to you about the movie. I'd advise you not to wait though. If he's going to act cool about it, then it's his loss. It might not seem like it, but there are usually plenty of fish in the sea at your age.