***ABC 20/20 tonight. Interview with Reille Hunter about John Edwards affair...

.....should make for some good Friday night TV time for women who have been involved in a torrid love affair with a married man. I saw a preview and she was already making excuses during the interview as to why John Edwards, the embattled Democrat presidential candidate, had a reason for having an affair while his wife was dying of cancer.....and then a "love child" added to the equation? what a mess........

bentnotbroken
Sorry but I have to suggest you take out the "hot" part. :D:laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:Hot only in the sense that mess when delivered is on the "warm steamy" side.

UpwardForward

Got my hands out of the sink, & w drying - and ran to the tv (to get a closeup) Will have to say, I think she's improved appearance-wise. :laugh: (used to be kind of a dog) ..

• Author
Got my hands out of the sink, & w drying - and ran to the tv (to get a closeup) Will have to say, I think she's improved appearance-wise. :laugh: (used to be kind of a dog) ..

She's not beautiful or "hot" by any stretch, but I have to say that there's something about her; she looks like she's "really into it" and will go the extra mile to please a man as opposed to some attractive women who believe that their aesthetic prowess is all they need to bring to the table. I think Rielle gets her freak on, but she should invest in birth control.

• Author
She is a freak with her new age spiritual stuff and her entitled attitude. It's highly unlikely she forgot to invest in birth control. She knew exactly what she was doing. She saw money and power and she saw his weakness and his narcissism. She banked on it and hey she is making pretty good bank off of it, the support from John and the book now. She may be a lot of things but she isn't stupid when it comes to $$$. She is and has had a financial motive from the start.

She the female version of a hustler / mack-daddy.

bentnotbroken

Might be a player but she is dumb as a brick on some things. And he got father of the year:sick: Damn.

• Author
Might be a player but she is dumb as a brick on some things. And he got father of the year:sick: Damn.

He is way more dumb than she is! It was a net loss for him but a net gain for her....think about it. She screwed her way up and he got screwed. ***when you have an affair do it with someone who stands to lose more than you do. John Edwards wasn't smart enough to realize that ...

bentnotbroken
He is way more dumb than she is! It was a net loss for him but a net gain for her....think about it. She screwed her way up and he got screwed. ***when you have an affair do it with someone who stands to lose more than you do. John Edwards wasn't smart enough to realize that ...

:sick::sick:.........

• Author
:sick::sick:.........

Tiger Woods is another celebrity who failed that common sense test. He started screwing every dirtbag and groupie in sight. When you're a celebrity in the spotlight, you will end up losing because these women don't stand to lose anything when they come out of the woodwork....he did.

.....should make for some good Friday night TV time for women who have been involved in a torrid love affair with a married man. I saw a preview and she was already making excuses during the interview as to why John Edwards, the embattled Democrat presidential candidate, had a reason for having an affair while his wife was dying of cancer.....and then a "love child" added to the equation? what a mess........

Why would it be a good TV time for women who have been in an affair? I don't consider that good TV and have no interest in watching it.

• Author
Why would it be a good TV time for women who have been in an affair? I don't consider that good TV and have no interest in watching it.

Why?...you're kidding, right? This interview was rife with drivel and nonsense coming from a OW who besmirched the BS, and made every excuse in the book for the WS she was having an affair with. To answer your question, perhaps those who are playing the role of the OW might see some similarities.

bentnotbroken
Why do cheaters always have such awful taste? He cheats with her?

:laugh::laugh::laugh:Mr. Messy's favorite statement. A p*s*y has no face. :laugh:

• Like 1
UpwardForward
entitled attitude. .

This is what I was going to post. And from the snippet they just now played. That attitude of Entitlement - she's just like my H's OW, (turned wife).

She's now into charity work and w her own blog. Says as a child she always wanted to help people.

(stick my hand down my throat) .. :p gag ..

... and to add: It was alright for her to call him continually at our place of business, during the seduction stage of the R, but when he was on his death bed - and I called him, she was all over my children - sending threats through them, to me. Said: He and I are married now.

Edited by UpwardForward
Summer Breeze

I agree. Seems more like something BS would prefer to watch. The responses on the thread attest to it IMO. More BS in here finding ways to make general comments about OW than OW finding anything worth discussing or finding anything supportive from.

This thread would be similar to having a known OW in LS go onto the Infidelity side and start talking how good it would be for BS to go and watch an interview with an OW or OM who got their MP and was living happily ever after.

This thread appears to me to be nothing more than stirring. I see no support or topic for discussion that's worthwhile. I do realize that's my opinion so no need to come screaming at me about that. I've never reported anything to mods before but I am this thread.

Summer Breeze
SB..........an OM started the thread and probably has more comments than anyone. Maybe you ought to read his comments. :D Perhaps it's a reflection of an attitude toward women in general.

I did read his comments and the I stand by what I said. This is neither supportive nor basis for any sort of constructive discussion. I don't care whether or not he's an OM a WS or a BS. I will apologize if I did say he was a BS but won't apologize about my opinion of the thread.

whichwayisup
I agree. Seems more like something BS would prefer to watch. The responses on the thread attest to it IMO. More BS in here finding ways to make general comments about OW than OW finding anything worth discussing or finding anything supportive from.

This thread would be similar to having a known OW in LS go onto the Infidelity side and start talking how good it would be for BS to go and watch an interview with an OW or OM who got their MP and was living happily ever after.

This thread appears to me to be nothing more than stirring. I see no support or topic for discussion that's worthwhile. I do realize that's my opinion so no need to come screaming at me about that. I've never reported anything to mods before but I am this thread.

This is/was a NEWS story anyway, though it had drama in it to begin with. I'm sure thousands of people all over the US and Canada watched it.

bentnotbroken

My comments were directed to that ONE ow....Reille Hunter. I have no beef with anyone here. It was started in the OW/OM section and that is where I responded. I also responded to the one that was placed in (I believe) the current events section. I commented on her comments. But believe what you must.

Why?...you're kidding, right? This interview was rife with drivel and nonsense coming from a OW who besmirched the BS, and made every excuse in the book for the WS she was having an affair with. To answer your question, perhaps those who are playing the role of the OW might see some similarities.

Playing a role? Do you play roles in your life?

I guess some people like to watch the lives of others, maybe that is why soaps are so popular?

As a former OW I have no interest in watching the interview and really don't think I ever would have been. Their relationship is their relationship and since it has no correlation with my life and since it adds no value to my existence to hear about their relationship I really don't see the interest.

I also do see, based on this thread, that there are actually any OWs who seemed to have been interest in it. Maybe this adds value to other's lives in some way?

I don't know, I guess I am not one to care to live vicarious through others. I like to hear about the people who are actually in my life and their relationships, but politicians, celebrities, and the like? No.

Do you read the gossip mags as well? Maybe it is in a similar vein?

Re the bolded, the analogy would be telling BS to go and watch an interview with a BS who is behaving like a heartless, selfish person, wouldn't it? If one found an example of a BS who was behaving in an extreme and cruel way, I'm not sure most BS would take that personally or think it was a statement about BS in general.

As to the OP and the intent of this thread, it seems he thinks APs should not diss the BS, as he has explicitly stated that in another thread as well. We actually see a fair amount of dissing the BS on LS, and this interview (and the book that stimulated the interview) is a public display of that, so seems like a relevant topic.

Playing a role? Do you play roles in your life?

I guess some people like to watch the lives of others, maybe that is why soaps are so popular?

As a former OW I have no interest in watching the interview and really don't think I ever would have been. Their relationship is their relationship and since it has no correlation with my life and since it adds no value to my existence to hear about their relationship I really don't see the interest.

I also do see, based on this thread, that there are actually any OWs who seemed to have been interest in it. Maybe this adds value to other's lives in some way?

I don't know, I guess I am not one to care to live vicarious through others. I like to hear about the people who are actually in my life and their relationships, but politicians, celebrities, and the like? No.

Do you read the gossip mags as well? Maybe it is in a similar vein?

I don't know how you meant this, but it comes across as a putdown of the OP, implying he is focussed on gossip. No need to post on the topic if you don't wish, but it seems pretty obvious to me that the topic of dissing a BS is a very relevant topic for LS, and this interview is just one example around which to base such a discussion. An extreme example, perhaps, but an example. In distinguishing between the extreme and more typical examples of dissing the BS or excusing the WS's behavior, there could be many valid points of discussion. Have to admit though, I didn't watch the interview so just going by what is said about it here.

Edited by woinlove
  • Like 2
UpwardForward

Do you read the gossip mags as well? ?

I don't look at the rags excepting the covers at the market checkout line.

Missed the Hunter interview, and have to admit it would disgust me. Nothing like a One-sided story.

If it were made into a Lifetime movie, with the whole story incl that of Edward's wife, it could probably compare w Meredith Baxter's Betty Broderick story.

Edited by UpwardForward
Summer Breeze
This is/was a NEWS story anyway, though it had drama in it to begin with. I'm sure thousands of people all over the US and Canada watched it.

I watched the NBC Nightly News last night but what I saw wasn't appropriate to bring up on a site specifically designed for support and discussion for OW/OM. If the article was brought up for news, which it clearly was not, then it should have been a whole different area of the forum.

Summer Breeze
Re the bolded, the analogy would be telling BS to go and watch an interview with a BS who is behaving like a heartless, selfish person, wouldn't it? If one found an example of a BS who was behaving in an extreme and cruel way, I'm not sure most BS would take that personally or think it was a statement about BS in general.

As to the OP and the intent of this thread, it seems he thinks APs should not diss the BS, as he has explicitly stated that in another thread as well. We actually see a fair amount of dissing the BS on LS, and this interview (and the book that stimulated the interview) is a public display of that, so seems like a relevant topic.

I wasn't discussing the content of the interview. I was discussing the placement of a thread. It may be a relevant topic as you stated but not in the OW/OM forum.