I dont know anymore. Just dont know...

I met this girl at work, she came up to me and handed me her number. She said she was bored and wanted to talk. I took this as she was interested in me. I started texting her and we talked for 4 days straight. The fourth day, she told me she had a bf. I was like wtf, why couldn't she have told me this on the 1st day. I didn't know what to do, I talked it over with her and she told me this. Let me make up my mind whether I should go out with you or stay with my bf. She told me that her bf lives 300 some miles away, and that kinda led me to think that I had the upper hand.

I went along with it, and it went on for 2 weeks. Then she told me the news that I am sure you all can guess. She stayed with her bf, she told me that she loved him and only REALLY liked me.

So now she just wants to be friends.

She texts me every day, and its nonstop. We talk about everything and anything. She is a really great person and its hard not to talk to her. I don't know if I should just tell her that I can't talk to her for awhile till I get over her, or if I should just end it with no friendship or anything.

I wanna know if she is just keeping me in the side lines in case things with her bf don't work out; or if she just feels bad about what happened with her giving me her number. Her main thing was she wanted a friend to hang out with because she moved here(back with her parents) because she could afford to live where she was. Where she was living is where her bf lives. She has been living here for a year and her and her bf have been together for 2 1\2 years.

We went out to the bars(Side Story)

Now she can handle her alcohol, she does drink a lot. She had "pre-gamed" before we had gone to the bar. So after I got off work we met at a bar. We drank until 2 am. We sat in the car and talked, and then we started making out. Did not go anywhere else, however she doesn't remember it and I do. I feel horrible for doing that. She tells me she never wants to know what happened that night. So am I suppose to live with the guilt? Is that fair?

Does that mean anything that she got that drunk? Did she do it for a reason? Am I reading to much into this?

I don't know what to do anymore.

Edited by Razgriz3

Hi, Your situation has similarities with mine that I have recently posted, having also met a girl at work! It sounds like she is stringing you along a bit, and I am having the same dilemma, I really like the girl and wouldnt want to lose her friendship, however the more I see and talk the more I like her, and i assume this is the same with you. I'm starting to think the cut and run option is the best, and it sounds like it may be best for you too. It all sounds like it could lead to one thing, a broken heart!

• Author

The whole reason she gave me her number, was her way of telling me she wanted to be friends. So, I feel kinda bad having misunderstood what her meaning was. However, what was I suppose to think.