Crush on a ex-colleague

Okay, I have been working in this company for 7months, and there's this girl who had been light-flirting me. Initially, I feel nothing about it. After around 5months there, I'm kinda interested in her. I would like to bring our relationship to another level. I took more initiative to talk to her at her seat and find excuse for some physical contacts but that's all. She usually shy away though.

All this while, she did not mention about her having a boyfriend.

Few weeks ago, I found out she was leaving the company for another job. Her last day was 1/6/12, last Friday. I took her number on 30/5/12, subsequently, got her facebook and found out she has a boyfriend.

Although saddening, I still quickly browse through the photos and it seems they has been together for a very long time already. I only did it one time as it's very heartbreaking. :o

I don't know her feelings towards me but all I want is to spend time with her as she is a very sweet and sincere girl.

But since she has a boyfriend, I don't want to complicate her life.

Currently, my plan is to just "wait" and see how it goes but I'm intending ask her out as a friend for some quick lunch/dinner. Nothing serious.

Advice pls as it may turn out to be only regrets and bad for my emotional health down this road.......

goldengirl11

I fully understand where you're coming from. I suggest you ask her for a quick *lunch* as you suggested (i.e not dinner) and keep it friendly, then you could perhaps ask her if she has a boyfriend later in conversation and see her reaction. However, I agree though, you don't want to get into an emotional journey as such (like myself at the moment). Lunch could be a way of testing the waters. By the way, did she give you her facebook?

Edited by goldengirl11
  • Author

I asked for it through texting..

i kept texting to minimal as i dont wanna be seen as needy or over-enthusastic..

thus my texting were quite to-the-point or purposeful.. since i don't wish to reveal my intention, and lucky i didn't because she already had a bf.

revealing would be disastrous.

She doesn't really need to tell co workers about her personal life. Also, if she was as sincere as you say she is, then you know you have no chance since she is with someone.