Y do men label good looking girls with good bodies a slag?

LikkleMissConfused

In this past year I have lost two stones in weight since I broke up with my abusive ex partner. The thing is since I lost the weight, in the summer I was going out to town to the bars and clubs wearing short mini skirts because they were in fashion and my girlfriend were constantly bugging me to wear the skirts as I think they wanted to help me build my confidence up.

So I did and you know what! It felt great! I have never been able to wear clothes like that. From a size 14 I am now a size 8. I’m a very petite frae anyway so it suits me.

The only thing is my ex has been in touch with me recently not that I really want to speak to him and not that I take too much notice of what he says. But he said he has been told I have become a right slapper going round town in short skirts dancing like a tart etc etc.

Why is it that guys label girls for wearing short skirts and feeling comfortable in flirting and being attractive eventhough that most of the men ask they girlfriends to wear short skirts and high heels.

Why do I get labelled. I dance I flirt but nobody touches me unless I want them too. I am too shy and have too much self respect so why? And why does it make me feel so low.

He's jealous. You look good, and he probably wishes you had looked that good when you guys were together. If you're the one who broke up, he probably feels doubly jealous that he can't have you.

If you look good, show it off. He's the only one saying anything bad about it (other than a few girls across the room you're taking all the attention from :p ). The rest of the guys are quite happy you're wearing it.

People do make judgements about you based on what you wear. That's just a fact. If you see a fellow weraing blue serge and a bobbie's helmet, don't you automatically assume that he's a cop? Or assume that a fellow in a three-piece pinstriped suit is in businesss or law? Thats's just the way it is and we do make judgemnets about the character of these people at the same time.

So dress how you like, but know that people will judge.

Originally posted by Clancy

People do make judgements about you based on what you wear. That's just a fact. If you see a fellow weraing blue serge and a bobbie's helmet, don't you automatically assume that he's a cop? Or assume that a fellow in a three-piece pinstriped suit is in businesss or law? Thats's just the way it is and we do make judgemnets about the character of these people at the same time.

So dress how you like, but know that people will judge.

yep it's true, ppl judge others all their lives based on what they wear. I bet you've done it tons of times too, u cant deny that fact. a businessman will wear a suit and tie and you instantly think "successful" or if you dressed like a bum, ppl would think that you are a bum....etc. u get the pic. ever heard of "first impressions" usually this comes to account based on what you wear, 95% of the time before they get to know you, the first thing that you are judged by is from your fashion.

it's almost like what we wear is a costume for a play. you see ppl dressed in goth, and bunch of piercings, you classify them as "punks".