Do you ever tell "white lies" to save hurting a person's feelings?

So, do you always tell the whole truth...or do you sometimes fudge little details, to save hurting, or offending someone? Or maybe, you tell BIG lies?

I'm just wondering. I am one of the most openly honest people I know...sometimes I tell truths even when they hurt someone's feelings...I have been learning to be a little more tactful, even if it means telling the odd "white" lie to save worrying or upsetting someone, especially when I know that telling the complete story will serve no purpose!

I'm just curious...

Honest Thinkalot. :D

Of course.

My ex once asked if I thought she was getting fat. She was gaining weight, yes, but I didn't tell her. I told her I loved her how she was, and if she didn't like how she looked, she should do something about it.

Stuff like that.

Personally, I wouldn't want to live in a world without white lies. White lies help lubricate social relations.

If you haven't already, see the flick, "The Liar," starring Jim Carrey.

Then I caught my sweetie telling white lies to protect me, so I started telling white lies to protect ME too! :laugh: If I go shopping and accidently spend more than I should have, I tend to *adjust the books* so to speak so it's not so obvious. I think it bothers him if I overspend, because he feels like I don't care about our future.

Gotta love'em...even their faults :love:

Originally posted by jester

Arabess, does this mean you LIED to me?!

Oh NO Big Boy!! I would never lie to you. Not only were you the best I ever had....but it was really the 'first' real orgasm I ever had with someone else. Not everyone has both size AND stamina. You were WONDERFUL.....Thank YOU!!!!

• Author
Originally posted by jester

Well, Thinkalot, this is the BEST Thread I've ever been on. I mean it. I really do.

No fibbing.

All the posts were absolutely brilliant.

:D:D:D

Thanks Jester! You really are the BEST Lshacker around..., no honestly :)

No. I wouldn't tell little white lies like that; They're still lies. And when you catch your partner in telling them it hurts you very badly.

Imagine asking your partner a question -- something about you sexually. Your partner had better be telling the truth, because how would you feel if you found out he/she was lying down the line?

Even if it isn't in that department, if someone is gaining weight tell them. Are they annoying you? Tell them. Just answer in a way that you respect their feelings. Honesty is the best policy.

Relationships are built on trust. White lies... Disgusting.