Why did she shoot me down one day, then accept me the next?

OK I've been talking about this on here quite a bit lately. This girl had been giving me varying signs that she was interested in me, and her sister told me that she used to have a crush on me and that she thinks I'm hot. I would of asked her out but she had just had a first date with this guy I know, so I didn't, but her sis relayed it to her that I was interested and she said that she she wants me to ask her out, but I still didnt because I didn't want to piss of my friend. Well they broke up a few days ago, her sister got it from her that if I was to ask her out on yesturday that she'd say yes. Well I tried moves and asked her out but she totally blew me off. So I was bummed like I always get when remantic stuff doesnt go smoothly for me. Well today after school she called up my best friend's girlfriend and says that she wants to go to lunch or something with me on Saturday. So I'm like WTF? But what the **** I called her, apologized for the day before and told her the offer still stands, and she took it, were going out tomorrow afternoon. So my question is why would she totally shoot me down one day, then take it back the next?

Sounds like typical teenage stuff to me. She's just playing with you, bro, testing the waters perhaps, seeing if you were serious. Don't bother yourself with it - just enjoy your date and take it easy, one step at a time.

• Author

Wow interesting night...unfortunatly on the way home from the movie, my moms car broke down...embarrasing but it didnt seem to bother her, so while were waiting our conversation starts getting pretty explicit, lol. So we're going back and forth on whether or not we're going to do anything, and she seems to be teasing me. Well my mom shows up and we all pile into my truck, well soon she starts rubbing my crotch, with my mom right next to her!!! So I drop my mom off and we go somewhere secluded, and do a little more over the clothes stuff, but her teasing starts to seem more like apprehention, so we get to talking. She asks me why I like her and at first I just say something like "its just the way I feel", but I later go into greater detail about her little idiosyncrantices that I love and she seems to really like that, because apparently she thought I only wanted to go out with her to get laid, which isnt true. So she tells me that she is interested in me, but that she still has some left over feelings for her ex which broke up with her several days ago, I thought it was too early to move in, but her sister kept telling me that it would work out fine if I went ahead and did it. So we decided, with her in my arms, that we will take it slow, and that we'll just let things happen as they may.