Personal Advertisements In Paper...

I have always been interested in those personal ads in the paper and wondered if anyone thinks that is a good way of dating if you can't find no one by just going out etc?

My mother has been using the newspaper for dates since she and my dad broke up 14 years ago. She has dated many men. Many were older guys, set in their ways, with an incompatible vision of a relationship. One of them actually lied to her and conned her out of money. Nothing lasting has come from it yet, but then maybe it's her...

Why don't you try an internet dating site? That way.....you have pics and a little more to go on than a classified.

you're still young longlegz, you still have your life ahead of you...i dont think you should resort to that.

you're a fully capable woman of doing her own things, i think it would be best to find a mate on your own.

join clubs, gym, etc...just walk up someone you're interested and say 'hi" it's as easy as that.

• Author

MONKEY00: I have been going to the gym since September 2003, I have just joined like a week ago the local gallery, I signed up for the gym party and won the trip, and oh I joined for an art session in MARCH. So, slow but sure I have been doing stuff.

When I was at the gym party, several people congratulated me and talked to me. This one guy was talking to me for quite sometime which was good. Then this older guy was talking to me and it was just a good time. Overall, it was good, until I won the trip and then it was GREAT!

So, I do plan on doing more with myself, and I am getting myself ready and going to be taking biz cards to VEGAS and checking out the jobs in VEGAS and who knows I could get lucky there as far as a job goes. There are so many things I want to do before the trip. And I am getting myself on track, but it is taking alittle too long.

I will definitly find someone at the right time, but apparently the 7 years that I have been single just have not been the right time.

My mom even told me when I was about to leave for the party that I looked very good and that I need to start going out more to meet people. Shes right, everyone on this forum is right, and I could do that when I was up at college, but I don't seem to go out by myself anymore. So, I will be doing things more, I just have too.