a little fustrated steam

i need a little venting room....

Im totally pissed off with my body im 20, and couldnt grow any sort of beard if my life depended on it.

Ive got a pointy nose, pointy ears and frightenly skinny wrists. The underside of my otherwise normal penis is covered with millions of tiny bumps, some not so tiny. All this is making me very very self concious and insecure.

Im at uni, and spend most of my time with a girl i KNOW isnt my type, and i know im not hers. But cant help wanting to be closer to her. she drives me crazy. so funky self confident and smart. yet, i can barely bring up relation ships with her in convosation. or ask her out. im too frightened of making an ass outta myself and then making things difficult at uni (we work on group projects together and make an excelent team. i couldnt work with anyone else).

shes also a smoker, which i dont like. but still want to kiss and touch her every time im near her.

Ive gotta work for 3 years with her, so i dont want to screw things up.

The other big problem in my life is an old flame. We broke up years ago. and still try to act like friends. but i know how stupid i was to let her go. everytime we talk i just pretend that im totally cool with how things are, and that im happy for her (as shes in and out of relationships with various guys). But i dont feel like im good enough for her anymore. I was when we were 16. we totally fell for eachother. i really messed up by acting on the advances from another girl, even though i loved (and think i still do) her. I dont think she would take me back now anyway.

And to top things off im a virgin.

i dont think this is of interest to anyone. im just tired or carrying this around with me. im constantly bored of how my life is. there just doesnt seem to be anything good on the horizon.

OK. Firstly, when your self esteem takes a dive like yours obviously has, it is tough, and can be hard to lift yourself back up. But it can be done!

So , stop feeling down in the dumps and sorry for yourself, and start to do some positive things, to make yourself feel better.

If you are worried about your penis, then see a doctor who may be able to assure you it's quite normal.

If you don't like ur body, start by trying to accept it and love it as it is, and perhaps do some gym work or exercise to make yourself feel healthy and fit.

If you don't think you have any chance with the girl from the past, let her go, and also forgive any old mistakes you made. They are gone now. Get on with living in the present.

As for this other girl, well I'm not sure what to say there. If you think she may like you, then tread carefully and put out some feelers and see. If you really think you don't like her, but just the IDEA of her, then look for someone more suited to you.

And as for being a virgin..soooo???? I was a virgin till I was 21, because I wanted to wait for someone special. That's something to be proud of.

Read some self-help books, and if you still feel down, see a counsellor if you can.

Good luck to you. You are worthy of love, and you should love yourself too.

Davo,

The little lumps on the underside of your penis are probably only hair follicles; size and regularity of bumps differ from guy to guy. This is quite normal. Have a check up with a Dr to be sure if you are really worried.

It took me ages to get a full beard, but the more you shave over the years, the thicker and tougher the growth will get. Look on the bright side, at the moment when a lady love is in your arms (as one will) you are less likely to give her beard burn at 5 in the arvo.

Remember, your life will ebb and flow, peak and trough, or whatever metaphor you would like to use. Good stuff will come in again if you are open to it. It is amazing what your thoughts can do to change your total outlook, demeanor, posture etc, which then may bring in new opportunities from every direction. Think positive, you are worthy of love because you are lovable. A lovable partner will come into your life. There are countless authors of books regarding thought processes and the impact they can have on you. Some easy starters (books) would be "Letters From a Friend" (Anthony Robbins) and even anything by Jim Rohn, but I like his book, "The Seasons of Life"which I found simple enough for (a thug like) me to understand.

For the other stuff, check thinkalots advice above. She has the good oil.

Bunnyboy :bunny: