Lack of social life

I know that readers will probably think that I should put myself out there more, but I hardly have any (real) friends to talk to (usually on Facebook) and most of those are coupled up or with a baby.:(

I'm in my early thirties, considered attractive and am currently working full time 'til mid Jan when my contract runs out. Most of who I work with are women in their 40's say, or youngsters in their late teens.

I don't have plans made for NYE because quite honestly as yet I haven't had any definite offers. Although haven't given up hope... just yet. I thought about maybe getting dressed up and going out on my own, perhaps to a wine bar in the area, but would I just make myself more upset with no company at my side?:o I'm also dreading it because it would appear my ex has moved on with someone else so hope that I won't get visions of where and what he may be doing. I recall that last year he didn't make the effort to see me then, after having just got back from a long journey.:(

I am positive (ish) about the new year as hope it will be a clean slate for me and with a bit of luck meeting Mr Right next year. I long for a healthy, steady relationship.:love:

I know I could spend NYE evening with my parents, although they are in their early 70's so will no doubt want to stay in and watch the tv with some wine perhaps.:rolleyes: I just don't want to feel down and look like I've not had any offers!:o I live on my own.

By the way, have asked a few colleagues what they're doing then and one girl who I am meeting after work tomorrow for the first time said that she is going out with her boyfriend to a party (was hoping she'd say come along too!). The others who are some years younger than me didn't seem bothered!:(

Thanks for reading and hopefully understanding.:o Oh and Happy New Year!:bunny:

IMO, your (or anyone's) social life is what you/they make it. I'll be up at 3:45am tomorrow to fly to Raleigh, NC to meet up with friends to share NYE with. That's my choice regarding a 'social life'. I could very easily sit at home with my cat and watch TV and not see a human for a week. It's all about choice. Go find some mistletoe and make life happen :)

BTW, all of my closest friends are married, most for 20+ years. Plenty of grandchildren and great grandchildren to play with ;)

I'm one of those that doesn't give a damn about NYE and I have good friends whom I can join if I want to. It's only a night in the middle of winter, who cares? The only thing it's good for is making people feel inadequate if they don't have plans.

Carhill is right though, your social life is what you make it.

You're not alone there GoldenGirl. Only got a few options but to be honest, I'm not that bothered. It is just one night - a night where every single pub, club, bar or restaurant considers it perfectly normal to charge ten times more for everything the sell, AND charge a fee to get in! I usually prefer going out the day before or day after, and on the day itself, drinking a few at home and not really being that bothered about it.

I'm in a similar situation in regards friends too as I have younger friends who are of course doing the clubbing thing and then friends my age or older who have families and are staying in. Personally though, don't worry about it. There's 364 other days in the year to go party. If that doesn't make you feel better than at least knowing you're not alone with the way you feel should do.