Support him? but how..

Hi my boyfriend loves to play tennis and loves to play marvel vs capcom game (arcades), and he sais i dont support him in any of these, and its not that i dont, how can i show him that i do support him, what would be somethng nice i can do to show him that i support him playing tennis and also him playing his FAV game....(hes 19-im 20-been together 3 years)

reasontosigh

I'm not quite understanding the question.

Does he play competitively? Do you go to watch him play when he does compete, if that's the case?

As far as the other (arcade game), besides the previous question, I'm wondering if he's asking for financial support or something, like quarters to put in the thing.

• Author

ya hes in the tennis team, but once when i went to go watch a match (my frist time) i was confused how the game went, and it took more then 2 hours and i ended up falling asleep:( thats mean i know...and im sorry , its just i guess i should look up online how the tennis thing works out..so i can understand the game...

and the arcade thing..i dunno, he wants me to watch him play and kick ass at this game he plays which they have matches for as well, but i get bored being at the arcade when its more then 1 hour...hm,mmm...what shall i do?

reasontosigh

I can help with the tennis part, I think.

Learning the rules from a website might help, but to see them in action you might want to try watching a match or two on TV first to see them in practice. (Tho I think 'tis not the season at the moment, but you may find a video or two of some good professional ones). This will also help you get over the falling asleep part, too, once you've got it all figured out!

Perhaps the Y or some place (I forgot offhand...are you in school? - try there) offers lessons for cheap or free. That's how I did it. I got the bug watching Billie Jean King back in the day, then learned on the news a rec center near my house offered free lessions in conjunction with the National Junior Tennis League. (I was 13 at the time) From those summer lessons, I ended up making the tennis team in high school!

Not sure what to tell you about the arcade thing. I'm guessing if I walked into one these days, I wouldn't recognize a thing in it! :eek:

I was friends with a guy who's girlfriend would never watch him bowl or play basketball.....he ended up inviting me along :p

I'm a singer, and if I have a gig somewhere, I would be hurt if my husband wouldn't go listen to me. He plays basketball, and at first, I'd go every time he played...but I was the only woman there :rolleyes: so I quit going. I just supported him by telling him to have fun, and kissing him goodbye before he left, and then I'd tell him, "You'd better win every game for me!" and he'd say, "I'll try!" Then, when he got home, I'd ask him if he won, and sometimes he'd give details of some of the plays. Even though I didn't fully understand, sometimes, I would listen intently. Eventually, I got the hang of Basketball rules...I could never play though :p

It sounds like he wants you to go watch him play tennis, because the other players' significant other is there, and he's embarassed that his doesn't seem to care enough about him to do the same for him.

As for playing video games, it sounds like that's a bit selfish of him to expect you to sit there and watch him win a game he's mastered, for the thousandth time.....I think he thinks it might impress you.

Or maybe, he's had a girlfriend before that would gush over how wonderful he is because he can play the game so well, and now that you don't gush over how marvelous he is, he doesn't feel as good about himself.

Sounds like a self esteem issue on his part...it's not exactly realistic to expect your partner to be there for EVERYTHING you do. Sometimes, there are certain things you don't have in common.

• Author

thanx for the advcice and i guess i dont want him to invite another girl to watch him play tennis, so ill make sure i learn no matter what! and if i were playing a sport i guess iw ould most likely expect the same, plus hes REALLY good at tennis, and he looks really cute when he plays;)

thanxz