Whats wrong with me?

Darkangelism

Maybe I am just being depressed that it is a New Year and I am alone, but I really want to figure out what is wrong with me. Maybe you can figure this out.

I am a 20 year old college student in NYC, who is decently good looking, an 8.0 on various rating sites, and will link to a pic if u want. I am smart with good grades. I am very nice to people. I am caring to the girls that I meet.

I never seem to be able to get a girl to go out with me more then once or twice. Every time I ask a girl and they say yes I am always hoping for something more, but it never comes, they all just want to be friends.

JustBeinBlonde

My friend,

It sounds like you're busy trying to convince everyone how great you are. You're handsome, nice, good student, yadda yadda, yawn :rolleyes:

A decade ago in college I met many guys just like you, a little insecure and trying to convince everyone how great they were. I'm sure you're great, but women don't care about how wonderful YOU think YOU are, they want to know how beautiful, fun, talented, and great you think THEY are.

Take the spotlight off yourself and shine it on your next date, let her talk. Open your ears and shut your mouth. God gave you 2 ears and one mouth for a reason.

JBB said it right. Girls love to talk, and they love being asked about themselves. So you have to focus on that. You also have to focus on being happy on your own. Also, you are 20 years old - you have a lifetime ahead of you for dating. I am 22 and also single and spent New Year's with friends, some single, some not. It is depressing sometimes but mostly I was happy to just be having fun, and besides, what's the point in being depressed and alone? You have to force yourself to get out of that mode and be happy. I know, it's hard to do sometimes. But you'll get through it. :)

Did you read longlegz post today at 904?

same problem: same place

Perhaps you could help each other get through the trauma of holiday lonliness.

Quit being so nice to them. Be a jerk (or at least be indifferent to their needs). If there's a girl you really like, you dont' want to act like you're interested in her, or else she'll think she can do better.

Don't buy into any of the stuff the girls are saying like, "you need to be more in touch with her feelings." Haven't you tried that already with absolutely no success?

If all that crap fails, you need to start hitting on a different type of girl.

Either way, you need to change up your strategy, that part is obvious. Keep changing your strategy untill you find your niche.