I don't like pretty girls.

OK I have noticed that I'm attracted to girls who arent generally accepted as attractive. Like I'll meet a girl that I know is completely hot yet I'm attracted to her at all. I guess I like girls that are considered average-looking. Is theyre anthing wrong with this? I'm a pretty good looking guy and I've been with really attractive girls before, but now I like just average girls. So am I weird or is this healthy? I feel theres nothing wrong with this.

There is nothing wrong with this! You are attracted to whomever you feel is attractive. There is nothing wrong with that.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Whos to say these girls arent pretty? I mean yeah Vin Diesel is nice, but I've had crushes on dorky, bald, older men before. To each his own.

You just keep doing what you are doing, there is nothing wrong with you!

I agree. Of course there will be a physical attraction first, most of the time. But, it depends on the personality if you stay.

I'm with you two. I have dated both types of girls and the "model-type" women sometimes do not have "model" behaviors!

Yeah, physical attraction is good but, then what? I'd take a nice girl over a supermodel type anyday!

After you look at them there HAS to be something else or...I'm gone!

i actually really like odd-looking men. distinctive, i guess.

i think talent can make any man attractive, too.

I'd take a nice girl over a supermodel type anyday

There's hope for me yet! :laugh: Hey, sailor - goin' my way? ;)

i think talent can make any man attractive, too.

Absolutely! I'm in danger of developing a major crush on Jon Stewart.

• Author

OK I'm ok now. I do also agree that personality is most important. It's just when my friend would say "Eww, you like her?" It made me wonder, but he only thinks with his dick anyway. Yeah the girl I like right now is so dorky, glasses, ears that stick out, etc, but I'm crazy about her, lol.

Hey, your friend is a dweeb! lol Just kidding.

Listen, if YOU like her and she likes you, then dont worry. Your friend could just be trying to create drama. Some like that.

Go, be off with ya... go be happy with your girlie!!

Youre welcome, anytime!

Be happy, life is too short to worry about what others think...in the end it doesnt matter.

Just like her cause you do.

Originally posted by Alexandré

OK I have noticed that I'm attracted to girls who arent generally accepted as attractive. Like I'll meet a girl that I know is completely hot yet I'm attracted to her at all. I guess I like girls that are considered average-looking. Is theyre anthing wrong with this? I'm a pretty good looking guy and I've been with really attractive girls before, but now I like just average girls. So am I weird or is this healthy? I feel theres nothing wrong with this.

Nothing wrong with this at all, friend. I'm not into beautiful women, either. -- I'm into sexy women!!! :love:

Looks are a plus -- Attitude is everything!

~V

I think you should ask her out. Don't worry about what your friend thinks. You know you've been with attractive girls before.

It doesn't worry me if my friends think a guy I am dating is not that great looking anymore. Just as long as I think he is!

Your friend probably may just want you to stay single. Like he is. I don't know.

I wouldn't listen to him. I would go for it if I were you! :)

Whoa...hello AllyKat...

Anyway.

I generally don't go for the model-like gorgeous unattainable types, I like the girl next door look better, that, to me, is sexier than anything else. And the more I get to know them, they can become more gorgeous than any other girl on the face of the earth in my eyes.

Sometimes good looking girls have a look on their face that says, "Ugh, I just wanna be left alone." And that makes us guys not want to bother.

All's I need is a good ice breaker, though, and I'm good to go.

Why do guys NOT talk to good looking girls?? Are they intimidated by them???
I don't think most guys are intimidated by good looking girls.

I think they prefer mature women.

For me to go up to a girl and talk to her, I have to basically know that she's interested, be it through an extended look or a smile or something like that, I won't just go up to any girl willie-nillie and try to talk to her, that's a crapshoot, no thanks.

I won't just go up to any girl willie-nillie and try to talk to her, that's a crapshoot, no thanks.
I agree. I don’t think this approach really works for anybody.

Either she shows some interest or a mutual friend does the introductions.

Unless of course, booze is involved.

Over Thanksgiving weekend, I was at a club in YBor City in Tampa, and there was a group of about 10 girls, bachelorette party, on the dance club, and I had a few in me, and my friend says, "Go talk to them!" and I said, "Okiedoke!" so I dance my way over there and start talking and dancing with some of them, and one of them said, "You must have some set of balls to go up to a group of girls all by yourself," and I said, "You all looked bored so I thought I'd liven things up" or something to that effect.

Fun night.

I think the really cute girls get hit on soooooo much that they (maybe) become cynical about any guy hitting on them.

Of course the "intimidation" factor is there too.

I asked this question a couple of days ago in my thread " What do you say to a strange girl at a......" in dating.

Got lots of replies (thanks all!)

The best way to talk is at a mutual party type thing, wedding, etc. At least then there is (maybe) some type of validation that you are not a freak!

Great points, mjk.

I prefer my bounding into view, though. Try not to do it when they're holding a drink, though. Could end up all over either you or her.

Damn man!

That was funny s%#t! I was laughing real hard for that one! I think my reply to the "grab her by the shoulders"

was second best at best!

When you bound, do you lead off with your right foot or left? I just now tried it and just about flew thru the sliding glass door in my office!

Should I start with "dashing?"