Am I crazy for badboys? or is it something else....

I have this guy friend. I love him so much, he is the best friend I have. He is in love with me (there is a difference). I know he would be a good boyfriend, but I just dont see him in that way.

Hes not ugly or anything, in fact he is cute in his own way.

He is considerate of my thoughts and feelings. He never has done anything to hurt me. He has like me for over a year, but Ive only known for about two months. He keeps asking me what is wrong with the way he is. I cant make him understand that he is not doing anything wrong.

My previous boyfriends were not half as good to me as he is. Is there something wrong with me for not pursuing this? Should I feel guilty? I hope that Im only attracted to a**h***s.

Yeah, you are, and it's pretty common. I would not recommend pursuing a relationship with Mr. Nice. Even though it would be healthy, and inherently good--It's unfair to be in a relationship that you don't want to be in, and you'd just sabotage it anyway. You shouldn't feel guilty, it's just how you work.

It's probably a phase that you are going through.

Well, have your fun and keep in touch with this 'nice guy'. Maybe, in the long run, you two will be together. :)

~V

You find out sometimes that its okay to love someone and not NEED to have them love you back. He just needs to figure that out.

Dyermaker and Vivid-29 are right. It doesn't mean you are attracted to a certain type, just that you don't feel what he feels.

Let him love you and you try to feel okay about it. you don't have to love him like he does you.

But PLEASE...don't give him the "just friends" thing if you do like him. We see sooooo much of that in here. Its better to say a little than that i think. The "friends" thing is like the Kiss of Death!

• Author

Crap! I was reading my original post and at the bottom I put "I hope Im only attracted to a**h***s." What I meant to put was that I hope Im NOT only attracted to these type. Its hard though. I think I may want to start looking for nicer guys, not necessarily this guy.

give the man a chance.

What do you have to lose?? Force urself to give this guy a chance

he might just grow on you.

Girls dont give nice guys enough of a chance, as a result, they

go for idiots and then whine about it.

Give the guy 1 month, and get into a real passionite relationship

with him. I GUARENTEE YOU. Your perspective will change.

• Author

Well I think Dyer might be right. I dont think I could force myself to like (or go out with) him. I still want him in my life, and feel really guilty. I want the guilt to go away. Plus, how cruel would that be for him if he knew I was forcing myself. What would happen if I couldnt go through with it?