Getting a girl to like you when your an outcast = Impossible?

LonelyOutcast

I'm new here, and I've come here for advice on what I should do in this situation. Y'See there’s this popular girl that I'm almost certain that I 'like', and I've tried to impress her many times. She may occasionally smile in the hallway when I pass her, but she’s yet to even say 'hi' to me. Secondly, what is it that women like in a guy, what makes popular guys so cool with the ladies, is it there smile, the way that they talk, Or just because most girls in the school consider them 'cuties'. One last thing, how do you know if a girl is checking you out, Eh, will she fix her hair, look towards you, Heh, it gets tiring of guessing if a girl likes you. I'm also not that much of a self-confident guy, I worry about what the girl might say if I say 'hi' to her, Well she say hi back, will she make a gesture that shows she doesn't want to be near me, Or just call me a geek. I know this really might not make sense to girls, but any guy who’s been through Junior High knows how I feel.

EDIT: I'm 13(I was born Feb. 12, 1990, So yeah, I'm not breaking any rules by being here.) if that helps.

Step 1: Stop being an outcast. I understand that you feel left out, but it's not they who cast you out, you cast you out. No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. (Eleanor Roosevelt) What I'm getting at is, change the way you think about yourself. You know what's scary as hell about girls? They can read minds. If you think of yourself as attractive, intelligent, whatever, they will pick up on that--I gaurantee it. Turn anything bad about you into something good. You're a geek? No, you're intelligent. I'll tell ya, the way to a female's heart is through fixing their computer, It's how I got asked to Sadie's in the seventh grade. It's the guys that are confident that are popular, not neccessarily the "cuties" (I can't believe I just called them that). It just so happened that they are often confident, because they draw from their looks. They're not handicapping you any, so just feel good about yourself before pursuing others.

Step 2: "Hi" is a great way to start. "I love you so much" is a bad way to start. Make sure to let her know that you're interested in her, without making it seem like you are REALLY interested in her. But don't become her best friend either, no one dates their best friend. Stop trying so hard to impress her, back of a lil, go back in, go back a lil, go back in, etc.

Step 3: Recognize her response. If she shy's away from you still, because you're unpopular, then honestly, she's nothing special. She may be attractive, but it's difficult for two beautiful people to be in a relationship where no other connection exists. If she's more worried about social status, she'd be hard to get along with anyway.

Good Luck Senor, tell us how ya do.

• Author
LonelyOutcast
Originally posted by dyermaker

Step 1: Stop being an outcast. I understand that you feel left out, but it's not they who cast you out, you cast you out. No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. (Eleanor Roosevelt) What I'm getting at is, change the way you think about yourself. You know what's scary as hell about girls? They can read minds. If you think of yourself as attractive, intelligent, whatever, they will pick up on that--I gaurantee it. Turn anything bad about you into something good. You're a geek? No, you're intelligent. I'll tell ya, the way to a female's heart is through fixing their computer, It's how I got asked to Sadie's in the seventh grade. It's the guys that are confident that are popular, not neccessarily the "cuties" (I can't believe I just called them that). It just so happened that they are often confident, because they draw from their looks. They're not handicapping you any, so just feel good about yourself before pursuing others.

Step 2: "Hi" is a great way to start. "I love you so much" is a bad way to start. Make sure to let her know that you're interested in her, without making it seem like you are REALLY interested in her. But don't become her best friend either, no one dates their best friend. Stop trying so hard to impress her, back of a lil, go back in, go back a lil, go back in, etc.

Step 3: Recognize her response. If she shy's away from you still, because you're unpopular, then honestly, she's nothing special. She may be attractive, but it's difficult for two beautiful people to be in a relationship where no other connection exists. If she's more worried about social status, she'd be hard to get along with anyway.

Love your advice man, come January 5th I might just be in a relationship, Thanks much . Still a few things that I'm still not quite sure about; one of them being, is it harder for a black guy to get a girl of European decent to date him, than a white guy to get a girl of European decent to date him?, I ask this because I'm a guy of African Decent [Half Indian, Half African actually] and the girl I 'like' is white [Or of European decent, so I don't sound racist]. Other than that, I guess it's pretty obvious to see what your saying, Have some self confidence, and think good of your self; be yourself, and don't try TOO hard to impress her, then she’s all yours..

Originally posted by LonelyOutcast

Love your advice man, come January 5th I might just be in a relationship, Thanks much . Still a few things that I'm still not quite sure about; one of them being, is it harder for a black guy to get a girl of European decent to date him, than a white guy to get a girl of European decent to date him?, I ask this because I'm a guy of African Decent [Half Indian, Half African actually] and the girl I 'like' is white [Or of European decent, so I don't sound racist]. Other than that, I guess it's pretty obvious to see what your saying, Have some self confidence, and think good of your self; be yourself, and don't try TOO hard to impress her, then she’s all yours..

Your race should not matter, if it really matters to her something is wrong with her, and it's her problem. Just be yourself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author
LonelyOutcast
Originally posted by LonelyOutcast

Wow, I love your advice man it's been doing me pretty good this past week. Though I've yet to say hi to her, this being myself thing is working out pretty good, not only am I feeling better about myself, but it seems that alot more women are starting come unto me. What can I say man?, thanks for the advice.

You're quite welcome, I wish you the best of luck. I'm very happy to hear that you actually took my advice, especially because it's a lot easier said than done. If women are noticing your new self-confidence, chances are whitegirl will too.