smothering or just a good guy

alright ladies,

is there a line for your guy friends that seperates smothering and just a good guy. What are some things to avoid so that i dont seem like im overbearing?

thanks

Well, I think it depends on whether you like the girl as more than a friend or not. If you are just interested in being friends, then it's pretty easy, I think. Just make sure you give her space and don't interfere in her relationships. Just do what's natural and if you feel like you are being smothering, then that may be a clue that you like her for more than a friend! ;)

• Author

ok first of all i do like as more than just a friend, but i waited to long to say anything about it and now another guy is going out with her- so since i dont ahve many other friends i just want to be a good friend - i am happy that she has found someone that she is interested in and he's a good guy and very lucky to have found a girl like her. we used to hang out a lot and then i guess i feel like she doesnt want me around as much - maybe its because i am sending out a vibe of wanting to be with her - anyway im just a little confused thats all

Pick either friend or love, and pursue it. If you won't she will, and it will be too late.

• Author

well i did pick it, i want to be her friend because she is with someone new, i just dont want her to feel like i am smothering her, what are some things i should avoid?

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by dyermaker

Pick either friend or love, and pursue it. If you won't she will, and it will be too late.

Question... would you still offer this advice if the pronouns were reversed? In other words, if the initial poster were female?