that feeling

You know that feeling, where you're incredibly happy, but yet, you're so happy that it kind of hurts? It's a happiness free of any reservations of any other happinesses, and it makes everything else seem so meaningless. No matter what happens, the only thing that can hurt you is the unexplainable pain that comes from all that happiness.

I don't have a problem with it or anything, just bragging I guess.

o! i think i know that feeling!

one of my chinese students taught me a cool phrase: tung-kuai, which literally means painful joy. it's like a suspended state; one is content but also agitated in equal degree.

maybe not, though. i just liked the phrase because i've not yet found an english one that did it justice in two words without sentiment: oxytoxic limerance? breeding malfeasance? pheromonal nausea?

I certainly have very often felt so happy that my happiness could not be contained by me; that at any moment I might burst into a shower of fireworks.

You are in love Dyer....it's a wonderful feeling. :love:

........Arabess picks thru the cobwebs of her memory....YES, there it is!!....she too felt that way once.......

• Author

It really is awesome. It's like, no matter what life throws at me I can find good in it, or it's unimportant. Every time I see something, anything, it reminds me of her. Everything ever written or composed was certainly written about us. It made me wonder why I got up each morning before I met her. Even the pain of it feels so good, it's like biting the inside of your cheek--it hurts, but it feels good, and makes you want to do it again. Err, I'm not an analogy person :p

I've never felt like that :(

That "feeling" is what life’s about man, that’s the meaning of life :)

I just hope I can find it too; before its too late.

Originally posted by Arabess

You are in love Dyer....it's a wonderful feeling. :love:

........Arabess picks thru the cobwebs of her memory....YES, there it is!!....she too felt that way once.......

LMFAO dude biting the inside of your cheek. I have NEVER heard that one. But yeah, I know EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN. Since I met my girl, my grades have soared, I got the job I wanted, and when I went under investigation for abusing company discount at the new job (on the 2nd day...), it didn't bother me at all! I was like, "WHO CARES I STILL GOT SARAH!" And all the BS from my mom that I put up with meant nothin, cuz u still got ur girl. Its an incredible feeling. The feeling you get seeing her smile....man I wish it would never go away...hell I wish she'd never stop smiling!

Sometimes I've had so much fun that I'm like a little kid, hopping around etc. then I'm like? Dork, what are you doing?

Like all of you I'm usually always happy, too hard not to be!