Are you ever just thankful?

Last night, I walked through the living room, to find my husband asleep on the couch. I poked him, and woke him up, and told him to come to bed. He was giggly and silly acting, and finally got up and came to bed. Then he was cold, so I got out of bed, and got him another quilt. Five minutes later, he was breathing heavy, and I knew that he was asleep.

I laid there awake, and I just thanked God that he's home safe, and not fighting a war, or out all night drinking, or out on the street selling drugs, or buying a hooker, or in an auto accident.....I forget sometimes what a good husband I do have. Yes, we have problems, but so does everyone. Yes, our problems are worse than some people's, but at the end of the day, we truely do love each other...we are just learning how to live with each other.

This forum hears all of the bad stuff about everyone's relationships, but we neglect to post the good things.

God has blessed me with a husband that works very hard every day, so we can have everything we want. God blessed me with a husband who respects other people, and helps when he can. God blessed me with a husband who loves me more than anyone else on the planet. God has blessed me with a husband who comes home to me every night.

I am so thankful that my husband doesn't have to drive a truck, or work out of state, so I could only see him a couple of nights a week. I am so thankful that my husband isn't over seas fighting a war. I am so thankful that my husband wants to come HOME after work, and not hang out with other people. I am so thankful that my husband is alive and healthy, and not sick, or dead, or seriously hurt.

I forget how blessed I am sometimes. I feel so selfish for complaining, when there are so many women who won't have their husbands on Christmas for one reason or another.

Anyone else out there want to vent about how GOOD they feel?

WOW!!! I wish there were more posts like this.

I think a lot of people who come here to rant are a lot better off than they think. It takes as much work to stop and recognize the good we have around us and be thankful for it as it does to bitch about what's wrong.

Thank you april.... your post has allowed me to put things into perspective!!!! :D

Beautiful post, April.

Like you, my partner and I often have moments of reflection when life settles down and we take into account how fortunate we both feel that we have found each other. Johnny says his moments are on the road when battling the traffic home from the office. He told me that in those quiet moments when he’s so anxious to get home to me, that he thinks about what he is thankful for and sometimes even gets ‘misty.’ When he comes through the door, he always wraps his arms around me and squeezes the air out of me. The first words out of his mouth are, “Oh, THANK GOD, I’m home!” And I have to pry him off before I turn blue!

Funny, but home for us isn’t the roof over our heads, although we are thankful for that as well. Rather ‘home’ is in each others arms where we find our sanctuary from the crazy world and people outside. “Our soft place to fall,” as someone on this forum once said so eloquently.

When we go to bed at night, Johnny always falls asleep holding my hand under the pillow. I often stay up and stare at his sleeping face in the glow of the television. I love to see him so peaceful and happy. Even when his mouth is wide open and he’s snoring. I often giggle and smile while his face is twitching, thinking how lucky I am to have this goofball who can even make me laugh when he’s not even trying. And when he kisses me goodbye in the morning, I truly miss him and the house goes quiet. Once again, it just doesn’t feel like ‘home’ until my best friend walks back through the door and squeezes the life out of me again.

Like the two of you, we don’t crave wild nights out on the town hanging out at bars and clubs with crazy friends. Neither one of us do well with crowds and noise. On those rare occasions when we do have to go somewhere separately, we are always in a hurry to cut out early and get home. And yes, we get made fun of --- LOTS. We get teased about being attached at the hip, and the old…“what’s the matter, don’t you like to have fun??!!” People just don’t seem to understand that while we can enjoy ourselves in the company of other people, its just not as ‘fun’ if we can’t share our good times with each other.

Yeap, we are emotionally co-dependant, and we don’t give a damn what anyone else might say or think. We worked hard all our lives not to be like everyone else. We figure, as long as we’re both HAPPY with our shared dependency, there is no need to go fixin’ what ain’t broke. For us, there is nothing dull or ‘hum-drum’ about our quiet existence because we have each other. And a true friend who loves being with you, even during those comfortable moments of silence, is the best company to keep.

Yes, I too feel truly blessed. :love:

I don't have a husband.

and you wont duke if you dont get rid of that diaper mister!!! ;) mwuahahahaha