Boyfriend Married but seperated

Hey.. I have been dating a man for two years now, we used to be friends when we were in our teens (30'ish yrs ago) He is a wonderful man , But he's been separated for 5 yrs now.. I have asked him from day one , why are you still married?He never really gives an answer, Just havent gotten around to it... Money.. His wife threw him out & his oldest son (16 at the time) because she didnt want to be married anymore. She has told me this herself. She actually Moved right across the street from him 2 yrs ago. They have 1 child together he is now 13. She still calls him everyday.. usually to let him know something about their son, but then goes into how her day was & what his plans for the weekend and then whats she needs him to do for her Fixing things & such.. such a call lasts about 20-25 mins everytime she calls. He has his Son 5-6 days a week, And is very financial & emotionally responsible to him . She comes to get him every night & just walks in whenever she wants. I have been very open & honest how I feel about this. (I know she doesnt want him physical ) But she wants him in every other way. Kinda like a half Husband. Last week I was lying in his Bed & she came in to ask him to print something for their son... she just walk right in!! I left. I felt like the woman who was doing something wrong :( I know he loves me.. But he still hasnt attemped to get a divorce... should I just move on?