Why did he do this?! im struggling to understand

I dated a guy earlier in the year, who dumped me for another woman

It gets complicated, we have mutual friends, i work with one of his friends and im friends with another girl he is friends with

Me and those friends went on a night out on Saturday night, and we met up with them, he was with his new girlfriend, and it was all okay...

I went upto him and gave him a little speech about how im okay with everything, but i actually thanked him for what he did, i said you made me stronger and realised im worth alot more, but in a wierd way you will be special to me for that , and he clasped my hand and said thank you, i felt really good, that after 5 months of game playing (he works accross the road from where i live) and he sometimes makes himself known to me - since he's been with her hes facebooked me, phoned me at silly o clock in the morning, texted me , to which i ignored

Anyways everything was fine then i went to the toilet and his girlfriend followed me, blew up in my face about me texting him saying he was the best thing i ever had and i missed him - she then hit me - to which i wasn't very impressed - Now number one.......i didn't text him , i was texting but i text my brother - the only thing i can think of is he saw me texting and me smiling.......and got jealous so he made up that I text him, and told his girlfriend this, and she blew up at me

What i fail to understand is he kept telling our friends that i had, none of them believed me until i seriously pleaded my case, he had somehow got this text in hs phone and put it from me - i eventually showed my friends my inbox and then my sent box and they believed me

He saw how upset i was and how red my face was after his gf attacked me - yet failed to come over to see if i was alright, or show any remorse for the trouble he had caused!

Why would he set me up in such a way when i did nothing wrong to him??

Answers on a postcard please xxx

Because he's a worthless piece of ****! Is that okay for you.

You may have hurt his ego by getting over him and ignoring him in the past. He may have been expecting and wanting you to come running back but you didn't, so now he's hurt. Screw him and his new woman (who sounds charming by the way...). Get an assault charge on the cow if you really want to take it further and a restraining order on him for setting it all up and you feel threatened by what he's doing. Okay, maybe that's a little too far, but clearly they're a match made in hell and you're better off out of there.

Good that you've moved on and can show such maturity in the face of such childish antics. You should be proud of yourself.

I agree with smudge21. He's a venegful, cowardly piece of work. Truly awful and I'm glad you're rid of him!