Major Screw Up

Confused1009

Recently was friended on FB by someone I knew years ago. They are deployed and (they told me) getting divorced. I am in a not so happy marriage. We agreed to get together when he returns to the states. Recent FB chat discussion consisted of me stating that his replies to me were taking so much time because he had so many women on the line. I was somewhat joking. He didn't like my comment and ended the chat. I apologized for the comment - no response. The next morning I asked if he were still mad at me - he posted a response much later saying he doesn't get mad. He posted a general message on his wall at the time of his ending our chat saying "whatever it doesn't matter". I sent a private message saying that my comment was in fun, that I apologize if I offended him and that the ball is in his court and if he still wanted to get together the next move was on him or quit the game.

Very little communication on FB chat. I asked him if we were speaking or not speaking - no response. I said I guess we are not speaking. Did I screw up a potential relationship or should I just not make any more attempts to chat and hope he gets over his anger?

Edited by Confused1009
clarification