I am sort of in the position where I have to choose between two girls and I'm having trouble.

I'll summarise each situation.

First:

About a year ago I met a girl that was living in my building. She was an American exchange student and I really liked her. She said she liked me too but was always stand-offish, not wanting to be in a relationship because she was only her for a few months. After she left we emailed pretty much everyday, when we couldn't email we'd write letters and postcards for fun. We'd also send drawings. I am going to America at the end of the year for a year and got the courage to ask if I should plan on trying to live near her and we'd see if there could be more there and she said yes.

Second:

Another American girl that I have been friends with for a while and always liked kissed me recently and we became a lot closer. We don't sleep together but are sort of intimate in that we'll nap or sleep in the same bed holding each other. I had told her a few times how much I liked her in the past but she had a boyfriend. She still has a boyfriend but is leaving him, not because of me but she has been planning to for a few months.

I feel like one is here and I don't have to guess whether she likes me or not, while the other one I won't see for five months and it's risky. I feel like there is a chance it will just be the same friends stuff like it was here.

Even though the girl here might not choose me I guess, I would rather have it sorted out in my mind so I know if there comes a point where I have to choose.

Sometimes I think I am only 22 so not going to marry either of these girls probably, so I might as well go with the girl here, but then I have said I would go see the first one and I do like her a lot.

Any advice at all?