talking on the phone every night

so my girlfriend of 1 1/2 years calls me pretty much everynight. most of the time il be sleeping, and when i wake up ill have a bunch of missed calls and texts from her. she knows im sleeping. then in the morning when i talk to her she is usually upset at me for not being able to talk to her. the nights when i do pick up, i usually will fall asleep on the phone, or we have an a small argument "why'd you stop talking" "why did you stop talking"... she gets upset at me either way.

however once in a while we will talk on the phone with no problem, and somtimes she wont call me, but she expects me to call her then, and when i dont she gets really upset.

its not like she just calls to say goodnight, she wants to have hours of conversation. if it were just a quick phone call i wouldn't have a problem with it.

she is upset at me because she says that she tries harder than me to talk on the phone. (which is true) but to be honest i don't like talking on the phone all that much, i tried telling her that but she said "in the beginning we stay up all night and talk"

and its not like we have a long distance relation ship. i see her pretty much everyday.

my usual day goes like this:

i wake up.

text her - (shes kinda upset from last night, but getting over it)

hangout with her

come home

text her some more

bond with the family

then i usually just pass out.

like i enjoy my time before i go to bed. i want to use that time so i can just sit and watch tv, ponder my thoughts, or surf the internet. and i feel like i am not able to do this.

i love her, i never loved anyone as much as her. other than this, shes perfect.

i dont know what to do.

Edited by ilikegirls

Well, I would be totally annoyed by that. I think you just have to be honest with her. Tell her how much you care about her but that you're not really into long phone conversations and say you're quite tired in the evenings and need a bit of time for yourself. It's perfectly legitimate.

so my girlfriend of 1 1/2 years calls me pretty much everynight.

my usual day goes like this:

i wake up.

text her - (shes kinda upset from last night, but getting over it)

hangout with her

come home

text her some more

bond with the family

then i usually pass out

i love her but I will soon get bored of her and move on.

i know what will happen if I don't explain that time apart allowing us to miss each other is a good thing.

Like my mother says "too much of anything is bad for you"