Is it normal to feel this way?

Advice?

Me and my girlfriend were buying some food, these 2 random guys just started talking to her and obviously they were trying to flirt with her. She was talking to them back, she wasn't flirting she was answering their questions. I was just standing there with her sister listening to them ready to just grab something and smash those guys with it.

After that, her sister was talking about it and she said she didnt know what was happening. As much as i'd like to believe that, I dont. it was obvious and she could have done something.

Its been a few hours since that happened and thinking about still makes me angry that she didn't do anything, she just let it happened with me standing right there. I just think that was disrespectful.

creighton0123

While it is normal to feel the way you did, you should work on being both a little more trusting and a little more realistic with your girlfriend. Men are going to flirt with her. You may find women are going to flirt with you. The most appropriate response to unwanted, tolerable flirtation is casual politeness.

Your reaction may have worked out in your favor IF she allowed said flirtation to continue with someone who is not a stranger.

"Smashing" people that flirt with your girlfriend will land you somewhere you don't want to be. Maybe you should try assuming the attitude of "flirt with her if you want but eat your heart out she's with me".

While it is normal to feel the way you did, you should work on being both a little more trusting and a little more realistic with your girlfriend. Men are going to flirt with her. You may find women are going to flirt with you. The most appropriate response to unwanted, tolerable flirtation is casual politeness.

Your reaction may have worked out in your favor IF she allowed said flirtation to continue with someone who is not a stranger.

This is good advice. A better thing to do (instead of becoming aggressive) is politely interrupt the conversation by saying something like, "Hey baby, is there anything else we need to pick up while we're here?" This not only gives your girlfriend a chance to escape, but lets the other guys know that she's already in a relationship--you have to remember that complete strangers wont know she's not single.