My girlfriend and i had been friends for a while before we got together. We have quickley fallen for each other and have been involved romanticaly. I am 17 and she is 16. I was sneeking over to her house, but it was not for sex i really just want to spend time with her. I knew it was wrong, but not seeing her every day was killing me. After a month or so her mom took her phone and read her text and found out what we were doing. I think she got what she wanted because what else was she hoping to find. She called my mom when she found out and my mom was not happy. I am an atheist and live in a county with 360 some churches in it and it is hard to find a girl that believes like you do. Lucky for me i found a girl who is wiccan and does not judge me for my beliefs. But both are parents are very religous and think we have commited a sin. I am a very good talker so i talked with my mom and i was grounded for a day. The worst part is me and my girlfriend had an accident with a condom one day and we were afraid that she might be pregnant. I bought an after morning pill and everything and she did not have her time of the month. She took a test that her mom does not know about and she is not thankfully. But after two weeks of not seeing her i started having heart problems due to emotional stress. My mom asked me why i had to see her so badly and instead of the i can't explain it type of love response i told her that she makes me happy. My mother could tell right away that i had really fallen in love and she is over the sex part. i even worked things out with the atheism part. I told her why and said i just could not believe in it. Now my girlfriends mom went in a totaly different dirrection. I got my cellphone back in one day but her mother has taken hers and is reading her text now. Also she has been grounded for a month now and i can only see her at there church. I do go to there church and my mom was angry when i told her i was an atheist and she said then you can't go to church with her because you are using it as a date. I cried when i told my mom this but that is because i knew when i said this that i really loved this girl. I told her that i go because she does not believe in there message either and i go because i don't want her to feel alone; she has to sit there every sunday and feel out of place and i don't want her to be alone anymore.

Well during my girlfriends first two weeks of being grounded her mom called her a slut and a whore and other things like that. It took every ounce of my being not to call her up and teach her a lesson. The worst part is the fact that her mother cheated on her father and split for a while without getting divorced and to keep up her appearence she got him to come back to her. Her father is over the whole thing like my parents are. But her mom is still angry and her dad has no say in what goes on in there house. She even had her wisdom teeth taken out and i was not alllowed to go over there with her dad being there to comfort her. Also she tried to tell her parents that she is wiccan and her mom just laughs it off. As apart of her punishment she is forced to follow along with her bible and what the preacher is preaching and for a while she was having to read a Billy Gram(sorry if it is misspelled) book and write summarys on the chapters. Even her mothers best and only friend told her that she is over reacting. My girlfriend even went to her mom's best friend to get her mom to stop calling her a whore because if it did not stop i was going to end it. And her mom got angry at her for doing that, but it has stopped.

My health is going down hill and i do not know what to do. I know i am young but i know what love is and i feel like her mom is trying to tear us apart. I am sorry for the sneeking over but i am not sorry for what we did because i love this girl and we want to spend the rest of our lives together. i do not speak out because i know she will be taken away from me but i do not know what to do. i just want her back and i will do anything even wait but i hope that someone can help me.

Thanks for reading and all responses will be read with an open mind. And this is not a thread against religion i believe that no matter what your beliefs are they should be respected.

Sorry if the story is mixed up i cut and paste some of it.

creighton0123

You have to realize that although this is the western world, what you did in sneaking over was fundamentally disrespectful to her family (at least from her mother's perspective).

You are 17. She is 16. You are both still living under the rules and regulations of those who are financially supporting you. Unfortunately, that requires you maintain your relationship according to the expectations and culture of your parents. You both failed to do that. It isn't the first time teenagers have failed to do that and will most certainly not be the last.

There is not much you can do unless, by some miracle, you are able to regain her mother's trust and make her mother feel as though the two of you aren't risking her daughter's immortal soul (I'm not jesting... her mother's religious beliefs make her feel as though her daughters eternal status is at risk).

chiquita latina

i agree with what u feel ive been there expect my thing is im 17 hes 23 its hard because my mom doesnt want me around him at all... you have to be strong sorry bout your health keep ur head the love u have for sounds really strong dont give up hopefully her mom will come around and you love her dont give up read my post please maybe u can give me some advice all i can tell u is stay strong and she should also try to at least see u or get some privilage to spend at least one day with you wirh the supervision of her father or an adult... i know you might not want adults around but hey you want the time its for the best wish u luck and keep that love for her strong