if someone keeps looks at you more than once does it mean they might be intrested?

I really should be able to tell this by now but i still dont know. (read the last line if you want to skip the story)

i was in a bar the other day and there was a girl sitting at the next table, she was very pretty and i thought she was out of my league but i dont know, i think i might just have low self esteem, anyway, i had to look past her to see the bar, and the first 3 or 4 time i did this she seemed to catch my eye. however after these first few times she stopped doing it (i already have a girlfriend so i looked away whenever our eyes met, does this mean she might have been intrested and then stopped doing it because i wasnt responding? or does it just mean she was tired of me looking towards her and didnt want to encourage me.. that said she never looked like 'stop looking at me' whenever i looked at her, i know that much.

Also there was a small moment where she was alone at her table shortly after our initial looks and it would obviously be the time for me to talk to her and she looked at me then, but since there was no point in talking to her i once agian looked away when our eyes met, but i was surprised to learn that i didnt actually know what i would say, which is bad news if i was single. i actually thought i was rather good at talking to new people. the only thing i could think of was to just say hi hoping that i had read the looks right and she would like to at least talk to me.

so i dont know, if someone looks at you a few times are they expressing interest?

fooled once

Not necessarily. Could be she thought you looked familiar, she liked your hair, she was looking at a piece of food on your face...could be anything.

Could be she was checking you out; but I wouldn't put much stock into a couple glances. If she wanted to talk to you, she would have made a reason to do so.

Not necessarily. Could be she thought you looked familiar, she liked your hair, she was looking at a piece of food on your face...could be anything.

Could be she was checking you out; but I wouldn't put much stock into a couple glances. If she wanted to talk to you, she would have made a reason to do so.

Not necessarily. I've found myself interested but without a clue as to what I would say or how to muster up the courage.

And, to make things worse, if a guy were to catch me glancing at him a number of times...I would definitely avoid eye contact in case I was freaking him out.

(yep. I'm a wimp!)

So you never really know unless you break the ice I guess.

(and yes, I realize that goes both ways - but I do think that girls are often brought up in ways that imprint in their mind that they need to be sought out and not the other way around)

It depends on the length of the eye contact. Were smiles exchanged? If the eye contact was quick and not held, and if she never smiled, it's likely she just kept wondering what you were looking at. I wouldn't make much of it.

I really should be able to tell this by now but i still dont know. (read the last line if you want to skip the story)

i was in a bar the other day and there was a girl sitting at the next table, she was very pretty and i thought she was out of my league but i dont know, i think i might just have low self esteem, anyway, i had to look past her to see the bar, and the first 3 or 4 time i did this she seemed to catch my eye. however after these first few times she stopped doing it (i already have a girlfriend so i looked away whenever our eyes met, does this mean she might have been intrested and then stopped doing it because i wasnt responding? or does it just mean she was tired of me looking towards her and didnt want to encourage me.. that said she never looked like 'stop looking at me' whenever i looked at her, i know that much.

Also there was a small moment where she was alone at her table shortly after our initial looks and it would obviously be the time for me to talk to her and she looked at me then, but since there was no point in talking to her i once agian looked away when our eyes met, but i was surprised to learn that i didnt actually know what i would say, which is bad news if i was single. i actually thought i was rather good at talking to new people. the only thing i could think of was to just say hi hoping that i had read the looks right and she would like to at least talk to me.

so i dont know, if someone looks at you a few times are they expressing interest?

She was probably interested, but since you already have a girlfriend, it's a good thing you didn't act on it.

• Author
It depends on the length of the eye contact. Were smiles exchanged? If the eye contact was quick and not held, and if she never smiled, it's likely she just kept wondering what you were looking at. I wouldn't make much of it.

Initially she held it but i looked away and did not smile (on purpose) I suppose if i was intrested i should have held it and then smiled, but then what would i have done? she was really close! like if i leaned over i could have touched her! so that would make it a bit awkward if i smiled and then looked away, not knowing what the next step would be.

this is just hypathetical of course, i was rather shocked to discover i did not know what to do in this situation and would like to remedy it, thats all.

spacegirlspiff

I would say 'yes' you should have gone over to chat her up but wait a minute...did you say you have a gf?