Unrequited Love. It Sucks.

I have been in love with a girl for two almost three years now. I'll start from day one:

We met in College. We were in the same registration class but we didn't really know each other and I never spoke to her I barely even knew who she was but later on in the year one of my friends came up to me saying that someone really liked me. Me being the flirt that I was acted on the news straight away I approached her at lunch and started to flirt with her.

I spent a few weeks talking and flirting with her. We had mutual friends so we saw each other out and about a lot and I decided to ask her out she said yes. We went out the next day to a nearby lake and sat watching the boats go past but after a while i noticed she wasn't her usual self she was quiet and uninterested in me. When I asked her what was wrong she told me that it didn't feel right and "we are better as friends."

I accepted it and continued life again as her friend after a few months though we started flirting with each other a lot again. Soon we were back to how we were when we first met. This time she asked me out instead. I agreed and we started to date again but once again in the first few days she broke it off. "We are better as friends"

Fast forward another six months and we have dated on and off like this six times and were flirting a lot again. Once again we entered into a relationship and this time it was a little different because after three days and two dates she still seemed content with the way things were. On our third date I walked her home and we went inside for a brew. While waiting for the kettle we got close and were about to kiss when our lips finally touched she pulled away. She broke it off again with the same reason.

At this point we were working in the same school. She was flirting with me daily still even after we broke up again and I grew to like her more and more each day. After weeks of her flirting with me my friend decided to take it upon himself to tell her how I felt about her.

She dismissed it as if she didn't care or didn't believe it I think it was the latter. Fast forward to present day (three years since he told her) and I'm completely in love with her! All I can think about is her. I have a picture of us next to my computer and I can be sat playing video games catch a glimpse of the photo and completely lose track of what I'm doing. I spent literally ten minutes stood still on a game because I was too busy day dreaming about her. She doesn't work at the school anymore so I don't see her often so it is hard on me. I'm depressed from it. I took smoking up again and since the school has broken up for the summer I am also on holiday which I have spent drinking, all day everyday.

People ask me all the time if I am certain I love her. I am because even though I am completely depressed and down all of the time every time i see her smile it warms my heart just to know she is happy. She was in a relationship earlier on this year and she seemed so happy all the time and it made me at least a little happier knowing she was leading a full life. When they broke up I didn't spend much time with her because it made me so sad seeing her cry I felt like beating the guy to dust (He cheated on her).

Anyway that's my story. I'm not really expecting any replies I just wanted to say it; to see if it helped at all. Thank you so much for reading :o

TheHurtProcess

Perhaps YOU need to talk to her yourself and let her know how you feel. This way, she really has no reason to not believe it. You may or may not get a reaction out of her, but you will at least know how she feels and you will feel much better getting it out there in the open.

• Author

I have often thought about it but I don't have the guts. I don't want to risk losing what little I have with her now.