How can I talk to this girl?

Hey guys

I'm looking for some advice :o ...

I'll cut a long story short (You'll get very bored otherwise :D )

Basically, a couple of months ago, my long term girlfriend (soon to be fiancé :( ) broke up with me, saying that she "loved me, but wasn't in love with me!" (i know, right!?) Aaaanyway... She's basically said that's the end, and nothing I can say or do will change her mind... Understandable..!

After many beers with friends of mine and them telling me that "theres plenty more fish in the sea" etc etc, I think that it's time for me to start getting myself out there a bit.

The thing is, I just feel so nervous when it comes to talking to women now. I mean, I was in an 8 year relationship with who I felt was my soulmate. We met so young and were inseperable from the start. Now, I'm 23 and damaged goods cause I don't have the heart or the guts to talk to someone, as I'm scared! I don't know whether I'm scared of rejection, or whether I'm just scared of being with someone else. I still have feelings for my ex, but I can't live like this forever...right?

So, there's this girl... I see her most days as I walk home from work in the evenings. She works in a Chinese takeaway and I always look in for her as I walk past. Since I split with my ex, no one has really caught my attention, but for some reason she does. When I look in, she always looks back... Her eyes, they just make me feel happy again... I would love to have the confidence to just go in there and talk to her, but I'm not that forward. I'm scared in case maybe she has a boyfriend or she's not interested or something like that. What do you guys think I could do? I mean, I wanna talk to her...but I'm scared to actually do it...

Thanks in advance :)

I had an experience sort of like this a while back. I was at a seminar in manchester getting rather bored with the bloke giving a speech on stage so i started to look around the room. Then my eyes caught this girl passing out flyers at a stand nearby, I thought she was so pretty. I just stared for a good five minutes at her. For two days I sat and watched this girl debating whether I should speak to her or not and then I thought to myself the seminar is four days long and I'm gonna miss my chance so I just went over and spoke to her.

Anyway the point of the story is, do it! Do it before you miss your chance otherwise it'll haunt you forever. It doesn't even have to be anything special just go in every so often and speak to her and she'll soon remember you!

Good Luck!