Do I give her space?

I had an arguement with the girl I am dating last weekend. She got sick and is now withdrawing from text and conversation. I tried to take her some food, but she said no thanks and that everything is ok. Do I continue to call her or give her space?

Say "Listen. I know you're not feeling well but I think I'm bothering you with texts and calls. Do you want some space? I don't want to crowd you. But I don't want you thinking I don't care either."

Then let her decide.

Say "Listen. I know you're not feeling well but I think I'm bothering you with texts and calls. Do you want some space? I don't want to crowd you. But I don't want you thinking I don't care either."

Then let her decide.

SOLID advice, I'd normally recommend that you go with something like above.

But it would also be helpful to understand the details of this argument. Perhaps you are in the wrong and that is a major part of this issue at hand.

What i mean is that sending such a message might not do you much good if you have been seeing her sister behind her back or something! And might require a more delicate approach.

• Author

@thehead and spacegirl - thanks, that is great advice!

@Coil - on a few dates in a row I ended up helping her fix her house up. I fealt used and told her we needed to do more fun stuff on dates. That was the arguement.

hmm, well people are different, it sounds like you hit a nerve. Honestly though you'd think if she was seriously interested in you that she would be like "ya totally!"

personally I really don't care what we are doing as long as I get to spend time with someone that I am interested in.

I could see how you would feel a bit used though. sorry, I am lost on this one really.

• Author

Yeah I am lost too. I gave her space and she started texting me. I told her I missed her, then she asked me out yesterday. I went out and she criticized me the entire date, asked me to help her run errands and buy her lunch. She wants more space now. I don't understand why she made contact and asked me out again, when she acts uninterested. lol

skydiveaddict

Yes give her space. For a lifetime. She is USING you. Don't be a receptacle for her supposed indecision. It will only bring you more pain. If she really loves you she would say it and show it. Never play second string for any girl, for any reason.

Edited by skydiveaddict
azsinglegal
Yeah I am lost too. I gave her space and she started texting me. I told her I missed her, then she asked me out yesterday. I went out and she criticized me the entire date, asked me to help her run errands and buy her lunch. She wants more space now. I don't understand why she made contact and asked me out again, when she acts uninterested. lol

She criticized you the entire date and asked you to buy her lunch?

Dude....you're a doormat and she's going to continue to walk on you. Once you told her you missed her, she knew she has you.

Walk away while you still have your pride.