My girlfriend is suffering in school

I'm 21, a premed senior in college. My girlfriend is a junior at the same school and wants to be a high school chem teacher. We've been together a year.

Lately she's been getting all C's and is very upset. Everytime I speak to her she tells me her latest bad grade and how upset its making her. I know she is going through a very rough time, but I can't relate very well. I have a 3.8 GPA and have gotten all A's and only about 3 B's in courses throughout our whole time at college.

I love her but it has been hard to relate to her academically. We can't share in our joys of high grades and I don't have time to help her with her subjects (not that I want to, because helping her in the past has made me feel like her parent as opposed to her equal).

Any insight into our situation?

offer to help her find a tutor if she feels she could benefit from having one. Then be supportive in other little ways, like sending her a nice card or buying her flowers or chocolate ... or even taking a little time out and taking her someplace unexpected where she's got your undivided attention. That won't make her grades get better, but it sends a very strong signal that you care about her enough to help her through this bad patch by doing little things to cheer her up.