How to really get a girl's attention.

OK I had read about how having a slightly cocky disposition and playing hard to get were a good way to get a girl to like you. At first I didn't believe it, until I realized that it was the girls I wasn't really interested in romantically that were telling me they like me, so I adopted this hard-to-get method and DAMN! I've got two hot girls that are definitly interested and another I'm unsure about! This way of being cocky yet not being a jerk also will help you increase your group of friends, I've made over two dozen new CLOSE friends several casual acquantances in the last few months, and I thought I had lots of friends before! It's so cool.

And here Ive been attracted to guys that just act themselves..... what a fool I have been!!! LOL beatnik... honestly yeh some of us chicks are weird like that.... however i get attracted to a guy more when he starts to be the "chaser".... and yeh... when i fall... i fall hard.... :love:

• Author

Well being yourself works for some because they act in a way that women are naturally attracted to, but some, especially us "nice guy" types do have to grow and change, because its really like they say, nice guys finish last.

hey ive dated "nice guys" that have finished first as well :p

Go to one Hooters and be a nice friendly guy.

Then go to another Hooters and be a cocky cutesty bastard.

You'll see a WORLD of difference in the way the waitress responds. At least I have.

No offense dude, but why would you be anything other than what you really are? How long do you think that you can keep up that appearance. IF that is what wins you the girl then eventually you must also lose her.

ThisGirlNameKD

I don't know, when my husband I were dating, I was drawn to his cockiness. Just don't get arrogant. That's when you become a turn off. I guess women are drawn to cocky men because they feel it means he's confident, has a high regard for himself, or he doesn't let people walk over him. There's a belief in psychology that if you act a certain way, you can actually become that way. But let it become an addition to your personality. Don't just totally change or try to put that cocky facade on because eventually people would see that it's just that....a facade.

Originally posted by Beatnik

OK I had read about how having a slightly cocky disposition and playing hard to get were a good way to get a girl to like you. At first I didn't believe it, until I realized that it was the girls I wasn't really interested in romantically that were telling me they like me, so I adopted this hard-to-get method and DAMN! I've got two hot girls that are definitly interested and another I'm unsure about! This way of being cocky yet not being a jerk also will help you increase your group of friends, I've made over two dozen new CLOSE friends several casual acquantances in the last few months, and I thought I had lots of friends before! It's so cool.

o, man, is this from that David D'Angelo thing - the be "cocky and funny" to produce attraction bit? i can't believe it - you are so smart!

holy, well, it might work in high school, but look carefully at the caliber of women you are getting, and promise to lose it before college. women know about that stuff by then and consider it ridiculous and indicative of vast insecurities. it's the "joe pesci" approach: i'm tiny and angry, and if insert girl has low enough self-esteem i'm sure to be able to get her to chase me and spend money on me.

we used to make fun of guys who did this, in my crueler years - we thought that at least it was good that those guys had metaphorical cockiness to make up for the perceived total lack of literal cock. it's just so cheesy; they are even worse that those guys who say a girl's name too often.

don't get me wrong. i am pro-strategy: dating is battle. but this is a bad strategy and one that guys with other strengths do not need. to wit: this is for crippled vultures, not lions.

well, this was a bit polemical. sorry <blush>. i'm glad you're making friends; i'm just totally astonished that someone with your sensitivity and depth would use this particular weak and manipulative approach!

hm.. interesting post!! i think i should try your method sometime and stop with the nice guy thing, it's killing me! As you say, nice guys truly do finish last

Ahhh fellas - Even though I don't consider myself a 'nice guy', they do often tend to finish first......in the long run.

Guys - Just be yourselves -- It is better to be hated for who you are, then to be loved for who you're not.

Originally posted by Vivid_29

Ahhh fellas - Even though I don't consider myself a 'nice guy', they do often tend to finish first......in the long run.

Guys - Just be yourselves -- It is better to be hated for who you are, then to be loved for who you're not.

well..one thing i'd have to say about nice guys is that it has its positives and negatives..

I did the nice guy thing to my friend...i've known her for only a little over 2 months...and look where it has gotten me...i get to chill with her friends, watch movie with her, even go to her house and meet family people.....

The thing that sucks and the reality is that girls are not into nice guys by nature. they like what is unattainable (or difficulty getting), they like the challenge (drama). Nice guy routine wont land you in anyone's arms or bed, you're just seeked for help if needed pretty much, thats how they view us...i think this is the first time and last time i ever be nice guy to anyone new i meet.

it's quite possibly true that nice guys finish in the long run...but is it really worth the wait?? is it really worth being the doormat?

I know what you are saying. Lots of women truely do want nice guys and when they get them, they don't know what to do with themselves.

Some women will go through the badboy phase to break up the monotony in their lives. It's not uncommon for the good girl, who practiced ballet and played the violin, to ride off into the middle of the night, with this renegade, clad in leather and tattoos. This type of guy is disruptive and spontenous and truely a heartbreaker. Women like the challenge and excitement this guy will provide and will try to turn them into pussycats.

Speaking from experience, the more you are bad to these women, the more they keep coming back. It's almost as if they see you as an addiction. It's like they are addicted to pain of heartbreak and keep coming back for more.

Usually, women wanting badboys is just a temporary thing and deep down, they really want a niceguy, with a heart of gold. Just not now.

For all you niceguys out there, don't worry -- your time will come.